Microsoft Band 2 Shipping

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So after FINALLY getting my band 2... It's the wrong effing size. I ordered a small, and got a large. On top of that, I apparently cannot return it in store. And now have to wait even longer for another shipment. That will likely get lost again. And most likely be the wrong size again. I'm so over this.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
So after FINALLY getting my band 2... It's the wrong effing size. I ordered a small, and got a large. On top of that, I apparently cannot return it in store. And now have to wait even longer for another shipment. That will likely get lost again. And most likely be the wrong size again. I'm so over this.
When I called the MS Store about my wrong size, she called the local store to confirm there was one in my size if I wished to exchange it.

samdavid6

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Ive now been given a full refund... without even asking. Dont know if they are going to reprocess the order or if they just cancelled it all together. Not impressed.

WHAT? How did you find out about this? Mine still shows as being in Shenzhen. Did they refund you because you called them so often?

ckabas

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
WHAT? How did you find out about this? Mine still shows as being in Shenzhen. Did they refund you because you called them so often?

I called FedEx once. They opened a trace. They never called me back. Then I called Microsoft because a couple days ago a return request email was sent to me. Generated automatically by their system. The woman couldn't formulate a coherent sentence as to why it was being returned and all I managed to get out of it was the word refund. Yesterday morning a refund email was sent saying I had been credited..... Just received an email this morning saying I have to place another pre-order that will ship by Nov 20th to Canada. So confused...
My original tracking number is still active though which doesn't make sense and it says it is still in China.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jfudge

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Same thing happened to me, except I received a small after ordering a medium. When I spoke to microsoft they said they would "escalate the issue" and someone would call me within 48 hours. Never ordering from the microsoftstore again.

Octanum

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Phoned Microsoft for my Canadian order and the guy I talked to got in touch with FedEx for me. He mentioned that FedEx said the package was actually in Canada already. No mention of shipping problems/cancellation or anything, just an issue with the tracking #. Hope that means it arrives sometime soon.

samdavid6

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
So today I had a missed call from FedEx. Called them back and they checked my tracking number. The lady did sound really knowledgeable and gave me all the info. Apparently there is a note on the shipment to deliver between the 18th and 20th.

So I guess this is why all the Canadian orders are held up, MS sent it to FedEx with instructions on when to deliver the package. She said its the reason that there is a line in the FedEx tracking page that says "future delivery requested".

I'm going to forget about this for a few days (its only 10 days away) and do something else. This is causing me too much consternation. I'll stick to regular stores instead from now on and avoid the MS store.

Lyme

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Got a email from Microsoft today regarding my pre-order placed on Oct 26th, it is now being delayed until December 2nd.. and they already charged me.

ckabas

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Well that's weird. I just had the complete opposite happen. After cancelling my preorder because it shipped early by a trigger happy employee and later intercepted and sent back to the warehouse. Microsoft called to re order my band so that I didn't lose my place in the preorder queue. They gave me a 20$ discount on the new order and ARE shipping out those orders that's mistakenly shipped early. I am actually semi satisfied.

obsidianzodiac

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I got mine today after FedEx fumbled it around, and low and behold, wrong size. Ordered Medium, received small. No local stores have the product, so now waiting for 24-48 business hours for my return to be escalated to their 2nd support team. Apparently they wont just ship a medium, they don't believe me that I got the wrong size ? The saga continues..

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
S, M, L. How hard is that? Microsoft needs to can their fulfillment house and find someone who can read. Shipping out random sizes is just crazy.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
S, M, L. How hard is that? Microsoft needs to can their fulfillment house and find someone who can read. Shipping out random sizes is just crazy.

Their online store system simply should not allow this to happen - a simple check of the item against the actual item ordered will discover any mistake before it leaves the warehouse.

Everything they ship has a barcode. How can their system allow model B to leave the warehouse given the customer ordered model A???

I had experience of receiving a bluetooth keyboard not in the colour I wanted.

Seems that they don't have a fully computerized inventory system. When someone buys A, they ship B and only the customer knows it's the wrong thing.

Yvan Castonguay

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
No excuses:
- Wrist measurements were posted on the store page.
- You add a link to click through to print a paper guage.

The only bad thing I see here is sending M for L or L for M etc. and this is not an MS mistake but more of handling.

samdavid6

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Apparently this has happened before when they shipped out the Surface tablets. Is Microsoft running an indiegogo or a kickstarter campaign where you send money first and then wait for your product?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234