and just like that my band is dead (not charging)

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My clasp is cracking and it started to rapid die and or not charge anymore as well, sometimes even just die right after i unplug it even though it says the battery it at 75%, this is my second band 2, im going back to the store to see if they will replace it again

kerplunker1

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Just had my second band die due to the same issue. Unfortunately the 2nd band had a cracked screen which I don't know how happened and I can only guess I caught it on the headboard over night. They are refusing to replace under warranty and a non warranty repair was going to be around ?150. So it looks like Microsoft have left me with a useless band through a design fault.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You can't blame Microsoft for leaving you with a broken band. I'm sure they would have replaced it the second time if it didn't have the broken screen, which if it did I can understand why they wouldn't.

kerplunker1

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Sorry but I think I am entitled to blame Microsoft. I've been left with a useless band due to either a design flaw or poor quality control (shown by this being my second band in a row to have the same issue). The cracked screen didn't inhibit the functionality of the device and was something I was prepared to live with and took place a fortnight before the battery issue. To charge almost the full price to replace (bought for ?170 quoted ?150 plus tax) is excessive. I'm not willing to purchase a replacement which has every possibility of having the same issues. It is a shame as the band is my preferred fitness tracker but I shall now wait to see if they can fix the battery issues or a competitor brings out something suitable.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Sorry but I think I am entitled to blame Microsoft. I've been left with a useless band due to either a design flaw or poor quality control (shown by this being my second band in a row to have the same issue). The cracked screen didn't inhibit the functionality of the device and was something I was prepared to live with and took place a fortnight before the battery issue. To charge almost the full price to replace (bought for ?170 quoted ?150 plus tax) is excessive. I'm not willing to purchase a replacement which has every possibility of having the same issues. It is a shame as the band is my preferred fitness tracker but I shall now wait to see if they can fix the battery issues or a competitor brings out something suitable.

Pretty sure if you had an iPhone, and you broke the screen, then had a hardware issue, they would tell you to "pound sand"

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my MS Band 2 the day after Christmas. No issues over the first 30 days whatsoever.

Then, I had issues over this past weekend. Device was just off. Much like everyone at first, I thought the battery was dead. Plugged it in, came back to life. But then it did it again a few hours later. I then found out when I would put the device on is when it would happen.

A medium size was too small for me, and the large was my only option. Problem is I have to adjust the clasp to 1 or 2 clicks before it maxes out. This was putting a little more stress on the clasp.

Well, the problem would surface, without fail, every time, when I would put it on and snug it up.

So I took it back to the store, had it replaced. This morning? Same problem.

Thankfully, I have a 45 day return period. It;s going back, I'm getting a refund.

I'm done with the MS Band.

Astronaut Lovell

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar issue as well. Band 2 shuts off after a few seconds, it claims battery was dead. I keep having no success with the Band line.

I pre-ordered the original, after about three months it started randomly shutting off. I was able to get it replaced by the Microsoft store. A few months later, same exact issue. I then attempted to get a refund but the would not let me do so at the store. So I exchanged it for a third one and kept it in the box. I then bought Microsoft band 2 in the hopes of the new one having less problems.

Here I am again, Band 2 few months won't stay on shuts off. I am going to try returning both of them, but my hopes are not high. 450 dollars down the drain....:unhappysweat:

Jefe32

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
After some tests I can tell for sure that the issue is because of the magnet at the clasp, so, this is yet another failed product from ms, I am fed up, first a surface rt that is almost useless, several windows phones since 6.0, all with weird issues and tons of troubleshooting, first band returned after a few months due to lack of quality, missing apps, fb app is crap, and the list goes on, MS seriously, aren't you able to do better?

I had my American bought band 1 that broke in Germany. They don't sell the band (1 or 2) but the Microsoft online support issues me a UPS shipping label to send it to a repair shop in Germany and in a week we had a replacement band. Just let them know you are overseas, they will help if they can.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Bought the Band 2 on November 11th at Microsoft brick & Mortar. Had this issue show up yesterday, suddenly. Found this thread within minutes. Stopped at the store this morning ready to plead my case for a replacement.

No pleading necessary. They were well aware of the problem and instantly replaced it AND another screen protector.
I was so pleased with the service that I purchased the charging stand, 2 smartphones, and a Dell laptop.

I hope Microsoft takes note that showing the customer some love paid instant $dividends.

I realize that this whole brave new Windows 10 world is a bit of a bumpy ride at this stage. But I really have to admit that Microsoft is being fair with us (my employer) when we need purchasing issues addressed. We've deployed quite a few Surface Pro's, Laptops, and many Windows phones over the last 3 years.

rfcdejong

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I must have been the only one who had 7 months of Band 2 fun without any issues.

Yesterday It wouldn't charge staying at 0% and today still the same issue, I tried to hold the two buttons and did read alot on the forums. Well it doesn't vibrate so It must be dead. As I ordered at amazon I will get refunded I think, but still every single Band 2 will die eventually imho.

Alex Zakhodin

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Purchased my first Microsoft Band 2 in October 2015. By the end of November band wasn't charging. Took it to Microsoft store and received replacement.6.5 months later same issue. So it is a second band, and it has the same problem. Judging by some other posts, it is widely spread problem. I'm surprised that Microsoft doesn't address it.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday It wouldn't charge staying at 0% and today still the same issue, I tried to hold the two buttons and did read alot on the forums. Well it doesn't vibrate so It must be dead. As I ordered at amazon I will get refunded I think, but still every single Band 2 will die eventually imho.

I got my Band 2 in November 2015 and didn't have any problems until I experienced the "Battery died" issue 3 times in 4 days at the end of March. I did a factory reset and didn't have any issues for 2 more months until this past weekend. The same thing happened about 6 times in 3 days, but this time a factory reset didn't help.

This morning, I took the Band off the charger with 87% battery. I got to work and my Band was dead. I got it to come on using the charger with the "battery died" message 3 times in 10 minutes, and I got the Band to sync with my phone once. The fourth time it died, it stopped turning back on. Now the Band is plugged in and the display has an icon showing an empty battery with an electrical plug.

I did a chat with support. The agent mentioned an issue with the battery driver and offered to set up an exchange by mail. I'm going to swing by my local store on my lunch break to see if they can do the replacement in person.

Update: The store asked to see a copy of my Amazon invoice to verify that it was purchased as a new, not refurbished, unit. They were set to do the exchange before realizing that they were out of small Bands, and they didn't know how soon they would be getting anymore units. They set up a mail exchange and printed out a FedEx label for me. Now, I just have to box it up and ship it.

Last edited:

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
just had this same issue happen to me for the second time in 2 months, off for a replacement i go. may just sell this one and go in another direction

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, smells like some software bad bug is hitting. My 2nd band has been fine for 3 months. Last week it has died two times. I charge it overnight, put in on at 100%, go to check the time a few hours later and it is dead. I put it on the charger, and get the batter died reset settings message. I set it and look at the power and I am at 95% battery.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Just did it again. I saw on another forum, that it might be the charging contacts shorting out. the 5 copper dots, going to charge again and going to put tape over it to test

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I've read it has something to do with how the wire contatcs are routed through the band and essentially they come undone and connecting to the charger then completes the circuit which is why it powers on, only to shut off again when unplugged.

i thought my issue the first time was i had the band on too tight since it broke while working out (on the floor doing push ups) but I have worn it looser this time and when it recently broke i was sitting in a restaurant. overall I am not happy. microsoft has been good about replacing but its pointless to have a band for 4-5 weeks then have to wait 2 weeks for a new one just to have it break again

hoaphan

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem you described. As soon as I finished chatting with Microsoft Help Desk which agreed to send me the shipping label to send it in for repair/replacement, the Band 2 worked again. I have been using for the last 2 days without any recurrence of the problem. I'll keep on using it until either it fails again or when the shipping label expires (30 days) fearing that sending it in now will end up with a "No problem found" and my effort will be for nothing.

By the way I updated the firmware of the Band 2 and the Health app. Not sure if it was the cause of the recovery of the band 2. I now have problem with getting the Band 2 connected to the Microsoft Band Sync on my laptop. :(

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99