Is it a mistake to buy the Band 2 right now?

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the market to replace a lost Fitbit Charge HR. The Band always intrigued me, and I always assumed that it would be the next watch I buy. I have a windows phone so my options aren't that many.

I'm seeing so many reports of the band tearing and batteries giving out. The Band 2 is still too new for Microsoft to abandon it, but it seems like support for these is very hit or miss. I'm 2 hours from the nearest Microsoft store so I'm mostly limited to online support.

Should I go with another Fitbit? Is there any other fitness tracker to consider?

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Get one, its $50 off now, buy the $39 insurance. I love the email notifications, reminders, text alerts, clock, and Cortana integration will get better over time. I do use it for weightlifting tracking sessions, and seems pretty good. The sleep app is cool, but gimmicky, what would you really do with the data, it doesn't mean anything.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
you can goto the microsoft store locally and get microsoft complete, make sure you get it, ive already used it twice, once for a band that wouldnt charge, and once for the splitting rubber on the band itself

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Is this worth it on Android? I have a Note 5 and have been thinking about picking one up, especially at $199 today.

How much is MS complete?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
MS Complete on these is $39, and it seems like you either have to buy it from the online store, or have a local store to buy it from. I'm still really hesitant since it seems like these things are only lasting 2 months before they need a warranty replacement.

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
MS Complete on these is $39, and it seems like you either have to buy it from the online store, or have a local store to buy it from. I'm still really hesitant since it seems like these things are only lasting 2 months before they need a warranty replacement.
I picked one up at the local MS kiosk today, along with complete. Anxious to set it up tonight.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
It's a decent device, the main question is durability. Like many others my first one died due to some bad connection in the strap, but if they've figured that out then it should be ok. I think it's important to realize it's a fitness tracker so it is intended to track fitness activities. I see some complaints from people saying it didn't track the 10 steps they took from the sofa to the fridge when they went to get another beer and a twinkie, but that's not what it's for. The only other thing is the HR monitoring is little flaky, but ok for what it is.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Is this worth it on Android?

Jump in, the water's fine. It works well on Android. Certain features are only for Windows phones, but the features we have are as solid as any for the device.

My only concern at this point is durability. It sounds like someone got something wrong with a big batch. Hopefully they've figured it out and corrected it in later runs. If not, then you'll need to use the warranty.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I went through 2 replacements of the Band 1 in the first two months I owned it, but I've not had any issues with my current Band 2 in that same amount of time. With all the added features, better comfort, and better durability, I don't regret my purchase at all.

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I went through 2 replacements of the Band 1 in the first two months I owned it, but I've not had any issues with my current Band 2 in that same amount of time. With all the added features, better comfort, and better durability, I don't regret my purchase at all.

Thanks, i probably will give it a shot.

glbsolutions

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Have a look at the threads on the forum about the band splitting after a few months (I can't post links but there's 3 on the first page of the forum). It's a really nice device but has some serious quality issues

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I assume from the thread title, the OP is asking if it's worth waiting a bit. While there may be quality issues, the warranty should cover it. So I don't see an advantage to waiting unless you're willing to wait until November when there might be a Band 3.

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I assume from the thread title, the OP is asking if it's worth waiting a bit. While there may be quality issues, the warranty should cover it. So I don't see an advantage to waiting unless you're willing to wait until November when there might be a Band 3.

Yes, thank you. I'm fully aware of the fact that they are giving trouble, but I wanted to know how people felt in spite of that. Seems like most are still really happy with the watch anyways. My concerns were also with dealing with Microsoft support. I do not have a local msft store, so I'm stuck dealing with the online support.

I'm selling one in the Marketplace. :)
I checked out your thread but it's a large! I'm really between a small/medium, so I'll have to go with getting one from Microsoft since I may need to exchange it. Also need Complete! I'm not rocking enough cash to replace this thing outright every time I lay on the band and break it. :)

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm also debating whether to jump on the Band 2 lottery merry-go-round. All the talk of battery problems and self-destructing isn't helping much.

nausky

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I had the band in my cart and everything, but then I saw that poor guys posts from yesterday about how they sent his split band back (no doubt after being 2-3 weeks without it) and said the split wasn't covered under warranty. When we know they do cover it.

Idk, I'm fine with issues as long as they're dealt with accordingly. This sort of service with the bands is really unacceptable.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm also debating whether to jump on the Band 2 lottery merry-go-round. All the talk of battery problems and self-destructing isn't helping much.

spend $39 for the extended warranty, and all is covered. Any issues bring to the store. The store guys are great. Don't trust the online chat idiots.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Kind of a cool feature, I was at XFit and we were in an instruction session, and my phone rang, very loud Kill Bill whistle...simply turned it off from my Band.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3