Oh Microsoft...why why why :(

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Seems Microsoft have partnered with the Lose It! weight loss company and even have them listed as an app partner on the Microsoft Health platform....only one problem, you head to the Lose It! website, sign up and then realise the app is only available for iOS and Android. It says clearly on the web page below that a Windows version of the app would be coming later in the year. That was Nov 2015. Ok, so now it's Mid Feb 2016 and nothing...so I guess this is another disappointment for Windows Mobile users to deal with.

Lose It! is now Microsoft Band?s nutrition and weight management partner - The Fire Hose

Why Microsoft? Just.....why?

Why develop a Microsoft Band that should work in perfect harmony with a Microsoft phone, then go out and find a software partner that will only support iOS and Android?

Why?

Why do you seem so intent on driving customers to other platforms? Why do you launch hardware then partner with companies that only support non windows software? Do you hate us Microsoft? Have we caused you pain to the point where you want to stick it to us at every conceivable opportunity?

I can live with the app gap on my Windows Phone, primarily because I've been using WP for so long I have no idea what I'm missing on other platforms.

But seriously, to find my Band experience hobbled because your own partners don't support Windows Phone is just terrible on your part.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I compltely agree, although you have lots of real good alternatives (my fitness pal which i like better anyways) and lots of fitness oriented companion apps too, only thing I feel would be nice is a step competition like they do with fitbit - all my friends get all competitive with it and im over here by myself lol

shoepike

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
If you can get them to join inkin, you could do step competitions with your fitbit friends. The rest of my family all have fitbits and we compete through that site. Seem pretty supportive of Microsoft with the statement saying a windows app coming. iOS and Android are only beta apps at the moment.

As to the OP comment, I have heard that Lose It! is no longer developing a windows app. They claimed that Microsoft told them to develop via project Astoria and when that was cancelled they had no plans to continue another way.

Last edited:

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
MS is their own worst enemy. Killed the perfectly fine Health & Fitness app for... nothing.

Yip, couldn't agree more. If they'd taken the time to develop the Microsoft Heath App and rolled MSN Health and HealthVault into it instead of virtually abandoning those platforms they would have had a killer health/fitness app.....but noooooooo, that would be waaaaaaaaay too straightforward.

I miss the health and fitness app.....it was one of those few apps that you could show off on your Lumia with genuine pride

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Yip, couldn't agree more. If they'd taken the time to develop the Microsoft Heath App and rolled MSN Health and HealthVault into it instead of virtually abandoning those platforms they would have had a killer health/fitness app.....but noooooooo, that would be waaaaaaaaay too straightforward.

I miss the health and fitness app.....it was one of those few apps that you could show off on your Lumia with genuine pride

Agreed!
Health & Fitness had a great live tile so I could see my steps at a glance on the start screen, the Health app has no functioning live tile data and doesnt even have a transparent setting, I find my self using the excellent Fitbit app to get casual glancable information on my start screen even tho I use a Microsoft band!

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
The third party fitness apps are mostly created by small developers so they don't have a lot of resources to make versions for platforms like Blackberry or Windows Phone.

But they are being bought up by bigger companies like ASICS recently bought Runkeeper so who knows what might happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3