dude my band stinks. (it smells)

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I wear it when I work out and wear it on my way out, not paying attention fo the sweat that stays.. not the back of it where the scanner is smells. It smells like poop and sweat. I cant get rid of it. I washed it and already sprayed Lysol on it. its like the smell is stuck on there.

My wrist smells like poop after use.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
no I haven't. I thought Lysol disinfectant spray would get rid of the smell, btu its still there. I even cleaned the little holes on its sides.. sweat has accumulated in those stuff. ill have to find a strong spray.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think we need to use the nuclear option.

What the nuclear option is though, I don't know, but use it.

Maybe it needs to marinate in vinegar or rubbing alcohol. (don't actually dunk it, maybe take a Q-Tip to it)

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
90% alcohol not the 60% apply it to all surfaces, all cracks and all crevices with a well soaked Q-tip and 90% alcohol that is all I use on my Band1 and Band2 and I work manual labor and never had a smell problem

Cliff_W_R

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I wear it when I work out and wear it on my way out, not paying attention fo the sweat that stays.. not the back of it where the scanner is smells. It smells like poop and sweat. I cant get rid of it. I washed it and already sprayed Lysol on it. its like the smell is stuck on there.

My wrist smells like poop after use.

I feel your pain. It’s gotten so bad I have to tuck my hand/wrist under my pillow so I don’t smell it when I sleep. I’ve tried almost everything and the smell will come back within days of cleaning. I don’t even need to exercise for it to start smelling again.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Before applying anything, I'd carefully read the care instructions. As I recall, alcohol was a no-no for Band 1.

I tried looking for instructions, but all I came up with was: this, which doesn't seem Band 2 specific.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
lol, I guess I wipe mine down enough! Now I'll pay even more attention to it lol.

Maybe the electrical instruments cleaner/degreaser is good and won't damage the band? I think that stuff is supposed to residue free

indiW

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Well.. B2 user since last November.
(1) Twice a week clean with warm tap water and cotton wool.

Still it looks like new and no bad smell.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the electrical instruments cleaner/degreaser is good and won't damage the band? I think that stuff is supposed to residue free
I think it all comes down to what the chemical composition of the strap is. Use the wrong thing, and you'll be cleaning a vital chemical component out of the strap. This is something that MS really needs to address. I can't believe just water is enough if yours is smelling.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Never cleaned my Band 2. In fact I never let it come near water (or any liquid). I mistakenly went into the shower a couple of times with my Band 1 so I am much more careful with my Band 2.

I've never noticed or had anyone complain about any smell or scent. In fact I just took it off my wrist and gave it a sniff to be sure.

I certainly sweat and can smell it when I do, but never had it cling to my Band.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that if your Band smells, it's likely that any other fitness band would smell over time as well. Some people sweat more than others. And some peoples sweat smells more than others. A lot of it comes down to hydration and diet. But there's some genetics behind it as well.

Cleaning the Band will only help to a degree.

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I would be careful about what you use to wipe the Band/Band 2, both screen surfaces and rubber strap. Rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol is often a no-no for electronics and may damage the strap material. Water, with maybe a tiny hint of dish soap, is probably an option. Even better would be electronics wipes, which are made safe for screens and such. I would also advise that you remove the Band and dry it and your wrist after activity that causes sweat. Also make sure that you wash the areas of your wrist where the Band rests more frequently.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Never cleaned my Band 2. In fact I never let it come near water (or any liquid). I mistakenly went into the shower a couple of times with my Band 1 so I am much more careful with my Band 2.
I've never noticed or had anyone complain about any smell or scent. In fact I just took it off my wrist and gave it a sniff to be sure.
I certainly sweat and can smell it when I do, but never had it cling to my Band.

This is very similar to the reply I was thinking of creating while reading through this thread. I've had my Band 2 since November and have never cleaned it. My clothes sure get stinky after I've been running, but no unpleasant odors detectable from my Band. I just did a thorough sniff test to make sure.

ypab

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I think it depends on the reaction with the material and your wrist, not the sweat. Mine stinks as well! But I have always had a problem with certain watches as smelling as well. I haven't figured out how to clean it either beyond the basic ways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos