How Many replacements are you up to? I am going on my 5th

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my third Band 2 and the rubber strap has split again. It hasn't quit yet. I love Band 2 but I don't want to pay for another replacement. I may go for Fitbit Blaze.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got my fourth. I'm fairly certain it's a refurbished one, BUT it also feels like the "new" material people have been mentioning. The usual "tear" spots are rock hard, and overall the device feels far more sturdy.

Let me be clear. I don't think lot number is a good indicator at this time. YOU WILL KNOW if you have something different, as it feels like a different construction entirely. Microsoft may be experimenting to see which does better.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I got a refurbished one also but the rubber band it self feels very different I think they have changed the design and the material

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
My third one is currently on it's way back from Microsoft, and I will be selling that and moving onto something else. I really only bought it for the golf gps and figured the health aspects of it were a bonus. But after having the same issue twice after wearing each unit about 6 weeks (basically the unit only powers up when plugged in due to battery connection issue) I find it useless as I have missed most of the golf season waiting on replacement bands. I just bought a golf laser and I am not even sure Ill get another fitness band

rangerdogy

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Count me in the people still on their first. Bought it on day 1 and use it almost every day, including long, sweaty runs.
Meanwhile, a friend of mine is on his fourth and he doesn't use it in any harsh conditions. Sigh. No rhyme or reason. His died from battery issues.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just sending back my 2nd Band 2 (after having 3 Band 1s) - first one strap split, the battery is knackered on the replacement after <1month (lasts 12-14 hours with no GPS or health tracking turned on, doesn't last the night if I use sleep mode).

Gilbriem

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
My second one is tearing just like the first one. As soon as I can get to the local Microsoft store I will be on my third. Each one lasted about three months before tearing/splitting. I really think it is keyboard use that did them in. As a note of interest, I was able to get a different size at my first replacement but that didn't really help. Although, I would say that the medium fit better despite the size guide telling me to wear large. Never had a battery issue (knock on simulated wood-grain veneer.)

williegeenutz

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I am on my 2nd. Just got confirmation that they were going to ship it via fedex from California. I had battery issues on mine.
Question....is there a way that I can tell that I am getting a new unit vs a refurbished one? Anybody know?
TIA

dar981

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I am on my second, the screen developed a crack within the first week, after i bought it in January, I was able to get it replaced, despite MS crappy policy, however since then, its been sweet, used all day every day, I work out every day too.

I only take it off when I am doing tricep push ups, simply because I fear it could crack the screen under that kind of pressure. (I have heard of peoples cracking...) But when i am using all other weights, cardio, etc, I dont worry about it.

I do not even bother with screen protector, I just use some standard clear tape, and it fits like a glove, if the tape gets scratched i simply replace it easy. I have tried several screen protectors, but they always start to peel. Total cost 0

Otherwise i never take it off except to wipe it, charge it, or shower. But screens in 100% condition, strap looks a little scuffed through wear but otherwise not bad at all.

I actually have more trouble with my phone than the band.

JGtz

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Am about to go get my fourth Band 2 since buying it December 2015. 2 have split at the rubber near the clasp. This last one lasted about 6 weeks lol. The screen no longer functions, along with rubber strap tear... Awful Awful materials. I had the Band 1 for over a year and had to get that replaced twice. Luckily the MS Store is a 15 min drive away from work.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Sad day today, I was going to get my 3rd band due to battery not charging. They were out of the Large, so they gave me a full refund plus the Complete Care cost. The store rep didn't hesitate, and it was clear by her attitude, they have lots of issues.

Guess I will wait for the Band 3!

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
And it looks like I'll be getting my 3rd too after battery got to 2%, left it charging for an hour and came back to it not holding the charge. Exact same issue I had with my first one. I haven't had any issues with the band splitting or cracking and I don't baby the thing. I don't want any thing else that's on the market, but this is frustrating. My original Band had no problems and to this day the person I gave it to says it's fine.
Band 3, yeah I'll probably bite, but only because the battery for this next Band 2 will have died around that time.

chinni subhash

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Could everyone who had probelms with their band, share the lot numbers on ur box please. I am planning to buy one. A report claims that if the lot number is 1608 or higher, its good.

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
After having 3 Band 2s die on me, I returned to Amazon for a full refund. Thought I would mention here for others who might be interested how great Amazon's customer service was. With no questions asked they offered a full refund on a product that was broken and I had purchased from them in October 2015, and they processed that refund before they even received the return shipment. I'm now on the fence between waiting for the Band 3 and buying the Garmin vivoactive HR.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon