Weather not updating & Cortana no replying

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have tried to reply via Cortana to txts - it tries then says sorry.
But I am getting messages on my Band2

Weather has not updated in a week, but my workouts are showing up on myphone
Weather is correct on my phone.

Help?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have tried to reply via Cortana to txts - it tries then says sorry.
But I am getting messages on my Band2

Weather has not updated in a week, but my workouts are showing up on myphone
Weather is correct on my phone.

Help?

insider builds or official builds?

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a solution for cortana. (Sorry, weather doesn't work properly for me or anyone else as far as I know.) Go to settings -> system -> Battery -> Battery Usage by App -> Microsoft Health. Select "Always allow in Background". It will use a tad bit of extra battery, but nothing too bad. Cortana will be perfectly reliable like this.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Cortana will be perfectly reliable like this.

After trying your solution I'm actually now trying to use cortana on my band more... like calling people in car, it just works better when I send my request direct to cortana rather than through the car system.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a solution for cortana. (Sorry, weather doesn't work properly for me or anyone else as far as I know.) Go to settings -> system -> Battery -> Battery Usage by App -> Microsoft Health. Select "Always allow in Background". It will use a tad bit of extra battery, but nothing too bad. Cortana will be perfectly reliable like this.

for a lot of users, have ms health on in background was draining battery at about 20-50% per hour - monitor your usage and see it doesn't go crazy

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I have changed nothing, but weather now updated....not sure why....
Cortana still does not work. I can receive but not use Cortana which is too bad - handy feature

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if setting the Weather app to "always allow" will enable the weather to update on the band consistently? BTW, I love how the app is called "Weather" in the app list, but "MSN Weather" in the battery area of the settings.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I went all day with the Weather battery setting on "always allow" and it only updated when I opened the Health app, which has been it's usual behavior for me lately. I have to say, as much as I love my Band 2 for fitness tracking (treadmill, cycling) I hate it just as much as a smartwatch.

I wonder if setting the Weather app to "always allow" will enable the weather to update on the band consistently? BTW, I love how the app is called "Weather" in the app list, but "MSN Weather" in the battery area of the settings.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
for a lot of users, have ms health on in background was draining battery at about 20-50% per hour - monitor your usage and see it doesn't go crazy

Actually, my big battery drainer tends to be Edge if I leave some tabs open. So I set that to never run in background. It has to reload pages when I go in, but my battery life is amazing these days.

Health uses around 10-20% total.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I also couldn't get Cortana to work on my Band 2 with a Lumia 1520 running the 393.5 Insider build. Asking the Band something opens Cortana on the phone but it just closes after a second without searching or performing the action asked for.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Too many irons in the fire at MS and I'm afraid they have temporarily forgotten about Band 2. Weather won't update and is always days old. Cannot respond to a text by either Cortana, or even the keyboard ("connecting"), even though I just received a notification from the phone...:eck:

I have reset the Band 2 multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled the Health app numerous times and nothing changes.

Been an issue since updating to Win10M. Seemed to work fine prior to that on the same phone.

Someday everything MS promises will work as advertised...maybe even for en extended period of time. :shocked:

Lumia 735

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Everything used to work until did a hard reset on my phone. So, it should work...unless a new updated messed it up..

be nice for it to work...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire