No one is talking about the recall Microsoft should have done to the Band 2!!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So, one more time I had to send my Band 2 for replacement because of the "not charging" problem. It's my third time since July of 2016. In the support forums for the Band in the microsoft answers site this same problem has a topic with 67 plus pages. Most of the stories there are even worst than mine. it's clear that the Band has an engeniering problem and should have been recalled. People are not concerned because support is quick replacing it but what happens after the warranty period runs out. I already asked to warranty extension everytime I get a new replacement but they don't extend! I think that one of the reasons Band 3 it's not going to happen is because Band 2 was a nightmare of "after sales" support. I even question by reading others stories around this problem if Microsoft ever done any money on this Hardware.

The worst is that every replacement is a refurbished one and my last even had "lefthovers" from it's previous owner...

I've tried by every means to get my money back intead of getting Band replaced but it'a an impossible mission :(

We need to gather up and make some pressure on MS to get a concrete answear to this...

cheers,

Pedro Ruivo
from Portugal

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't think a recall was/is necessary. They could've done a voluntary recall, but what device is actually flawless? As long as it doesn't explode on your wrist and they replace it no questions asked when it's torn or having battery issues, it's fairly passable.

The Band 3 might still come to existence. Most things in life are 50/50 - either it happens or it doesn't, no matter what reporters or anyone else says. So far, I don't think Microsoft has said there is no Bacnd 3 coming, so until then I'm still hopeful for a newer, better device coming to my wrist in the future

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yet mine is perfectly fine from day 0 until right now.

Look, really, all tech has issues, plus 67 pages of Google/apple employees/genuine complainers are nothing compared to the millions of people that have not experienced an issue. What's so difficult with simply getting a refund, if you're not happy, then moving on?

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I am not a complainer but mine just broke (well is splitting) again. This will be like my 7-8x I don't do anything weird and I had no issues with Band 1. I use it as what it is suppose to be fitness tracker. I have a thread asking the forum for any suggestions for an alternative that does similar functions for the W10 mobile. I really use the guided workouts and gps for runs. But this is getting utterly ridiculous, I have had every fitbit except the surge and the newer one and I never had this issue with a device splitting this much.

FireballPT

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
(I'm the original topic creator)

Look, really, all tech has issues, plus 67 pages of Google/apple employees/genuine complainers are nothing compared to the millions of people that have not experienced an issue. What's so difficult with simply getting a refund, if you're not happy, then moving on?

I can't ask for a return, I've tried... believe me!! I bought it in the Bellevue, Seattle MS Store and have no way to get back there. Portugal does not have a MS Store. UK has but I will not make a trip there just for this. Online Store doesn't give after sales for the Retail MS Stores. Band Support hotlines can't make returns/refunds. So... no change that's going to happen...

Now numbers...
if you really like your Band and MS like I do you would be sad to see whats is going on at :
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/band/forum/band_hardware?tab=Threads

Band 2 is on paper a great sports wearable, one that I love, but it has major designing problems. Is afecting many people and their wallets. Not everyone (me included) can just say "let it go, wait for the band 3 and buy again when it's released" I earn my money the hard way, working

Just saying...

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I agree with this. I've had 0 issues with mine and know several of my friends who haven't had any problems with theirs.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I stopped wearing mine for the last three days now and is the second time I had to take a break. The Band is irritating my skin and is like that on both wrists, which is why I have to stop to let them both heal. :(

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Recalls are for products with safety issues. Maybe if the problem became rampant enough they would extend the factory warranty (like they did for the RROD on the Xbox 360), but since this product doesn't put anyone in danger, we won't be seeing a recall.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I stopped wearing mine for the last three days now and is the second time I had to take a break. The Band is irritating my skin and is like that on both wrists, which is why I have to stop to let them both heal. :(
I've found it's more likely to irritate my skin if I over tighten it. It's not able to slide along the skin as needed. As a result, the skin is put under highly localized stress.

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought a band 2 largely for the notifications and the golf tracking feature. The notifications are unreliable at best, and the golf tracking feature utterly useless. Now my band is cracked half-way through. Talk about a turd of a product.

fly_branch

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I sent so many back it was ridiculous. Golf tracking is worthless. They removed the warranty from mine due to a slight crack on the screen which did not affect the gps that had not been working for a long time. Now I have no band and my wife's is shot and she is sick of them too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire