Replacement for Band 2

noleschamp

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
My Band 2 just ripped along the same place as I have seen many other do. I was really bummed out when someone pointed it out to me because I didn't see any damage to it before that. I can't get it replaced due to my warranty ran out last month. I am currently on the Fast Ring 14977 and wanted to know if anybody has a good recommendation? I really need the notification feature since there are times that I can't have my phone on me but have it near by and with a son two hours away at college want to be available if needed.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My Band 2 just ripped along the same place as I have seen many other do. I was really bummed out when someone pointed it out to me because I didn't see any damage to it before that. I can't get it replaced due to my warranty ran out last month. I am currently on the Fast Ring 14977 and wanted to know if anybody has a good recommendation? I really need the notification feature since there are times that I can't have my phone on me but have it near by and with a son two hours away at college want to be available if needed.

U use WP? If so then I've heard good things about Vector. If not, and u have an android, then I'd suggest a Samsung Gear 2.

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Doing some research it looks as if the Fitbit Charge 2 works with WP in that it gets text, calendar notifications. I also have a 735. I retired my 3rd Band 2 and looking for a replacement.

**** Update: I was wrong. Fitbit as decided to not let call/text/calendar notifications to work with Windows 10 Mobile. It that is important with you, stay away from Fitbit.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting a Fitbit Surge. Sure, it doesn't have the notifications, which is a deal breaker for most people, but the battery life is great and I can wear it all day and go for a long run too on one single charge. I couldn't do that with the Band 2, sadly. Hopefully, whenever W10M gets the touted GATT server support, Fitbit will add notifications too.

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My second band was sent back to MS last week and hopefully they'll send me a refund. I'm looking at the Fitbit Blaze and the Garmin Vivoactive HR which are currently at the same price which means the Vivoactive HR is the best choice. However, I wear a lot of suits and Vivoactive looks very bulky.

But the fact that it has built-in GPS and is swim-proof gives it the edge value-wise.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My second band was sent back to MS last week and hopefully they'll send me a refund. I'm looking at the Fitbit Blaze and the Garmin Vivoactive HR which are currently at the same price which means the Vivoactive HR is the best choice. However, I wear a lot of suits and Vivoactive looks very bulky.

But the fact that it has built-in GPS and is swim-proof gives it the edge value-wise.

I sent my Band 2 in a little over 3 weeks ago. I chatted with support a few days ago. They said it passed inspection on Dec. 14, but they are out of inventory (in the US service center). They said it will take 6-8 weeks to make a decision and issue a refund check if they don't have any inventory in stock. I don't really know why it takes so much longer compared to 8-10 days if they are in stock.

Anyway, I purchased a Vivoactive HR last week. It was the built-in GPS that was the biggest selling point for me. Apparently, both Fitbit and Garmin are having issues with Windows 10 notifications because of the lack of GATT support.

I only receive notifications if the Garmin Connect app is open, which is the only time the phone connects via Bluetooth with the wearable. If the Garmin app is suspended in the background or closed, the phone disconnects from the wearable and no notifications will come through.

As for the bulkiness, I'd say the watch face it's comparable to the original Band, but slightly wider. It is raised about 1 cm on the back of my wrist, but because it is a standard digital watch strap, there is less bulk on the opposite side compared to the Band's clasp. It is pretty comfortable for me. I'm currently wearing a dress shirt, and the Vivoactive HR is covered by the cuff of my shirt, which I can easily push up to view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs