Alternative - Band 2 strap torn..what FitBit do I get - Cortana integration?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Looks like I am getting a new fitness watch - and it seems Fitbit is the only supported one with WP.

I know there is no Cortana Integration - but which Fitbit to get?

Suggestions, please.

Btw - anyone try duct taping their Band2 strap? Results?

Thanks

Mr. V

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I switched from a Band 2 to the Fitbit Surge. Only issue is no notifications right now, but this is being worked on now that W10M has GATT support. So, hopefully, should all be good to do when Creators Update is released. I tried taping my Band 1 strap together when that broke - it didn't end well.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Fitbit Surge - ok
How is the phone app?
How does it compare to the Band 2?
Does it sync with MS health or their own site?
Does it track sleep?
Does the strap tear?

Yes, I a going to try duct tape!

Hey - thanks for your inpute!

lstar337

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I may get a Charge 2, but I am leaning more to a Vivoactive HR. I know that isn't an option for you, but it is closer to band in features.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I can't tell you much about the Fitbit models except that they don't have integrated GPS. All phones I've tried in the past 3 years are very poor for tracking runs with GPS, so I got a Vivoactive HR after Christmas. Notifications are inconsistent, but the fitness tracking is just as good as the Band (both models) and battery life is much better.

There is no Cortana integration, but I never used that feature with my Bands anyway.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I used the Cortana integration before - good for responding to txts when it worked. Easier than reaching into my pocket...but not a deal break. I like to have options.
Thanks for sharing your views!

I can't tell you much about the Fitbit models except that they don't have integrated GPS. All phones I've tried in the past 3 years are very poor for tracking runs with GPS, so I got a Vivoactive HR after Christmas. Notifications are inconsistent, but the fitness tracking is just as good as the Band (both models) and battery life is much better.

There is no Cortana integration, but I never used that feature with my Bands anyway.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I know it's only a matter of time until my band splits again, so I've been doing a little looking around. I'll probably go with the Charge 2. It's not as full-featured as the band 2, but it's similar in size, and has some of the features I use. I will miss my Starbucks card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12