Anyone looked at the Gear Fit2 as a Band2 replacement?

lstar337

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I just ignored it before, but I just found out it now has iOS support.

Feature wise it looks ok, but its the design I like which has a real MS band feel to it.

Was set on replacing my band with a Vivoactive HR, but now I have seen this I am unsure! Stupid variety of choice!:grin:

toddsay

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I don't even need a replacement yet, but I've started to look at the options. I'm a big fan of the band form factor, so in my mind these are currently the best two choices (Vivoactive HR and Samsung Gear Fit2). It looks like both are lacking things the band has but also adding things the band does not have. I'm not sure yet which of the two I prefer. I'm kinda hoping a next generation appears before I need to make my choice.

lstar337

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. I like the OS and style of the Gear Fit 2, but I like the 5M water resistance of the Vivoactive. I'm not going to be swim tracking with it because I don't do lengths, but I hate having to take my band off if I do go play swimming with our daughter or if I am kayaking or something else water related.

I have read pretty extensively, and it seems the Vivoactive is much more accurate than almost all other general trackers, but the Gear Fit has really good smart watch features.

I need to make a choice between flash styling and great smartwatch features, or tracking accuracy and water proofing.

I have some time to decide as the Gear Fit 2 is out of stock from the store where I bought my band, and the Vivoactive has jumped in price to £239.99!

Annoyingly, if the Vivoactive hadn't jumped in price by £40 I would have bought it last week. Take note Garmin! Your price increase has possibly lost you a customer. Better to have £199.99 than nothing at all!

Pryxus

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
The Gear Fit 2 (as the Gear S2 and S3) is not a good replacement for the Microsoft Band 2 at all. It does not use the heart rate when calculating the burnt calories. During workouts it just adds a certain number of calories each minute - no matter whether you are working out hard or just sitting around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720