New sizing guide

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I just looked at the new sizing guide at the Band 2 pre-order page. They now go by wrist circumference instead of the wrist height as on the original Band.

MillimetersInches
Small143 ? 1685.6 ? 6.6
Medium162 ? 1886.4 ? 7.4
Large 180 ? 2067.1 ? 8.1

I've thought about doing a pre-order, but with my current Band, I have to wear my medium on the tightest setting during workouts. I probably should have gotten a small, but the whole "wrist height" thing wasn't really clear when I placed my order online. With the new sizing chart, they have a strip of paper you can cut out to actually wrap around the wrist.

My wrist circumference is about 6.5 inches, and with using this paper guide, I'm right at the dividing line between small and medium. I think I'll have to wait until these are available in store and try one on in person before I make my purchase.

HSolo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I am in the same situation. My current Band is a medium. I can wear a small, but it has to be right at the largest setting. My medium is almost at the smallest setting, and I could wear it at the smallest setting, with it feeling just a little tight. Since the new Band is more flexible, I don't know whether the small or the medium would be the right fit for me. I ended up pre-ordering the medium, simply because I currently have the medium.....but worried that it may be too big. Figure I can take it to the store (out of my way) to replace if needed, once it arrives.

I would rather have the Band on one of the tightest settings, than on the loosest setting.....less clasp visible then :smile:

Last edited:

lizziej

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I find myself on the border between medium and large. My first band is a large which I wear on the tightest setting, except on hot days when having extra wiggle room is appreciated. Using the same logic, I preordered a large band 2.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
According to the old sizing guide, I was on the cusp between medium and large. I first got a large, but I have to keep it on the tightest setting, and its really not quite tight enough. I got a medium and it fits fine. Going by the new sizing guide, it looks like the same situation, so I pre-ordered a medium. Finger crossed.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
From Paul Thurrott's write-up after his hands-on session at the announcement event:

Helping matters for me in particular, each of the sizes (S, M, and L) are a bit bigger than before. So it actually hangs a bit loosely on my wrist (I use the largest size), something I don’t get to experience very often. (With Moto 360 and Apple Watch, I use the last possible sizing hole for the clasp as I have big wrists.)

I might be better off with the small if what he said is true about all sizes running bigger than the original.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The store only had one demo an they didn't know the size. But it feels quite a bit different and I understand why the sizing has switched to circumference instead of height.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm confused. I have the original Band in Medium which I wear on the tightest setting. However, the new sizing guide (with paper 'ruler') says I'm on the border of a Medium / Large??? That's totally different to what's being said above... I think. Can anyone help or have I misunderstood?

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem as some of you guys. i went to my local MS store and tried on the medium and im comfortable at almost the lowest setting on it. my current band im comfortable right in the middle of the current one so they told me to pre-order both and then try them on on the 30th. i did measure my wrist and came to about 175ish so not sure. since i dont have to pay full price upfront as you do online i did it ($0)

Last edited:

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm - so here in the UK we don't have any physical Stores so will need to buy via the MS online store. I may end up buying a S and M and return the one that doesn't fit, if they allow that?

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I was medium on Band 1 and it fit well. I was at MS Store and tried on Band 2 and medium at it's tightest setting was just a bit too loose.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I was medium on Band 1 and it fit well. I was at MS Store and tried on Band 2 and medium at it's tightest setting was just a bit too loose.

I was able to get to a store yesterday and try on their medium demo unit which was the only size they had. I wear my current Band on the second notch comfortably and the tightest setting durring workouts. I also found the medium in the new Band to be a little loose on the tightest setting. It appears what Paul Thurrott wrote about the sizes running a little bigger than the previous version is true. I pre-ordered a small.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The store only had one demo an they didn't know the size. But it feels quite a bit different and I understand why the sizing has switched to circumference instead of height.

I went back today and was told the demo is a medium. When I put it on, I was at the second to last (tightest) notch. On my B1, I'm at the mid-point.

It's possible I'd over-tightened, but I'd want to test try a small see what kind of overlap there might be before buying. But since I don't plan on my wrists getting smaller, a medium would probably work.

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
meh, ofc I have to have 185mm^^ the medium is probably too small und the large too large. Godd thing there are MS stores in Germany to try it on... NOT :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos