Does the workout works with gps now?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
What kind of workout were you planning on doing that needed a GPS? Normally you'd choose "running" or "biking" for anything involving travel.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Oh, a workout. I was thinking exercise tile.

Looking at the "build your own workout" I don't see a option to turn the GPS on or off. But perhaps it just uses the current mound found under the run tile. I don't know as we'll know the answer to this until the units start shipping.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
What kind of workout were you planning on doing that needed a GPS? Normally you'd choose "running" or "biking" for anything involving travel.
I did the guided workout "Couch to 5K in 14 days" earlier this summer. The only stats tracked in the dashboard for those workouts were heart rate and calories burned. The details in the dashboard just breaks down how many calories, avg. heart rate, and duration of each stage of the workout. I was expecting distance to be tracked since it was a running workout, but it didn't even estimate distance based on steps, which could have been a secondary option without the GPS.

I ran a half marathon in the spring and will soon start training for a full marathon next spring. I started my previous training before I got the Band and used the Adidas MiCoach app to coach me through my training schedule. After I started using the Band, I just tracked my runs with the Band, but continued using the MiCoach app for coaching. It'd be nice if the Band could both track the run and coach at the same time.

Last edited:

OllyH

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I've set up a guided workout for running, but I can't work out how to get the Band2 to track the run with GPS - I seem only to be able to choose Running with GPS OR Workout without GPS. Am I missing something, or is this not an available feature?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99