Lumia 1020 and Cortana

si49

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Just bought the band and I can't get Cortana to work. It also doesn't seem to keep a bluetooth connection!!! Help

indieimprint

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you are supposed to have a constant Bluetooth connection, just pairing. But I'm not a reliable source since Cortana doesn't work on my 1520 either.

si49

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Just updated to developer preview and it seems to be working now. At first I dint think it was working but once I forced a sync once, the connection seems to stay on (bluetooth symbol stays lit up)...

Also after joining dev preview, I now have the option to see facebook, email, twitter, notification center updates.

indieimprint

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
although the health app prompted me to do so, I am not using developer preview, so that must be it. I am in fact missing the extra tiles like Cortana, facebook, notification center, email, etc

LightCycle

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, but I don't want to join the Developer Preview just to address this problem with the Bluetooth. Is there any other solution?

Someone at the Microsoft Store suggested doing a factory reset, but I don't want to go through all that if it won't help fix this issue.

si49

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry can't help you there. Didn't spend too much time with it being partially functional.

I got say, I'm using Cortana much more now. Have the convenience of adding reminders by only talking into my wrist is really convenient. I think it's much more accurate too since I'm so close to the mic when I give it commands.

akajubjub2

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The same thing happened to me the first time. The setup went successfully but the Bluetooth connection kept dropping. None of the notifications worked. Then I reset the band, removed the profile from the app, retried the whole setup and it now works beautifully.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3