Band and 1520 on Dev Preview

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I am not getting the Band to stay connected to my 1520 running the latest Dev Preview. It goes between being connected and disconnected. Anyone else experiencing this whether you are on the Dev Preview or stock Cyan rom?

EDIT: Additional Information
Cycling BT on the 1520 and sending a new text broke the backlog of notifications to the band and the BT icon has remained on the 1520 since with regular notifications coming in.

After 5 minutes or so, the BT icon goes off and we are back to the same problem. It appears that BT is disconnecting due to a timeout and then it cannot recover normally?

Last edited:

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
1520 user here, tried restarting and still won't connect.

Is your 1520 on the stock OS or a Dev preview? If it is on the preview, is your OS version: 8.10.14192.280? I have seen some people who have not updated to the latest who have had the same issues.

indieimprint

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
it should stay connected? mine definitely isn't working then. I thought it was normal for it to only connect periodically and briefly for syncing. lol. anyway i am on stock cyan

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T Lumia 1520 running Cyan (no DP) and I can't get the Bluetooth to stay connected for more than a second. I had no issues pairing the band with the phone and it syncs just fine with the Health app when it's open. But Bluetooth between the phone and the band just won't stay connected. I've tried connecting via the phone's Bluetooth settings, but all I get is :Connecting - Connected - Paired, with about a second between each state. It connects for a second and then it drops. Bluetooth icon turns off on the phone and on the band. I've tried many times. Sometimes, I even get "Couldn't connect". This is so frustrating! One of the reasons I got the Band was for notifications (texts, etc.), but if the Bluetooth can't stay connected, this becomes nothing more than a fitness tracker. I have tried powering the phone and the band off and on, and I've tried resetting the band. Still not working. I'll try turning everything off and resetting the band a couple more times. I'll even try unpairing all the other devices in my Bluetooth settings, leaving the band as the only one. We'll see if that helps. If not, I'll be calling Microsoft support. Not sure what else to do. Anyone have any other ideas? It's pretty pathetic this isn't working with a Windows flagship phone. So far, my experience with the band has been disappointing.

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Go to the Microsoft health app click on the band icon then go to My Microsoft Band. Let it sync and that should resolve syncing issues on stock OS

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Just bought my band and had this same issue. 1520.3 running dp with denim. I deleted the band as a bluetooth device and then repaired it and it seems to work fine now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12