Scratched ALREADY!

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I got my Band this morning and it had already collected a whole bunch of finger prints. I wiped it off with my t-shirt and, upon further inspection, found that my shirt scratched the entire black plastic area around the display. I suppose it will get scratched eventually, but with in 12 hours!? Seriously...

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Yup, you should really put that screen protector on. There is a reason why MS is giving those away. My buddy at the MS store said "you REALLY want to put the protector on immediately" as if he was told something at the briefing they had last night.

Welcome to the early adopter program :shocked:

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... mine is scratched all over the place already, and I've only had it for six hours. The MS Store didn't have any protectors in stock, they're supposed to send me one when they get them, but I'm disappointed. There are literally TONS of small scratches all over the face of the device. None on the actual screen itself, but the entire bezel area is scratched like crazy, and I work in an office at a desk.

I love the device, but am not impressed by this.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Screen protector for that? Too much work

I always like the idea of a protector, but they are always a pain and even the best look worse than minor scratches. With a fitness band , I dont really see the point of a protector either. You're going to sweat all over this thing several times a week. Keeping it looking mew isn't an option. I say that despite being someone who kind of obsesses about keeping their toys in new condition.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This is probably where the idea of wearing it with the screen on the inside of your wrist comes from. To protect it from scratches.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This is probably where the idea of wearing it with the screen on the inside of your wrist comes from. To protect it from scratches.

Well if you are typing at a desk with the screen facing the desk, I'm guessing a screen protector might be a good idea. Wait, or were you joking?

frett

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that will help. If I look at my watches, they are all WAY more scratched on the inside band/clasp/buckle then the crystal/bezel.

garyhartaz

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
The screen protector is JUNK that I was given at the Microsoft Store in Scottsdale. Here are two different Bands with two different protectors.

wtf1.jpg

wtf2.jpg

anon(5704694)

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I just had a terrible time putting on the screen protector. There's a ton a bubbles and scratches. Most likely my fault. I called MicroSoft and the guy in the call center said he can ship me a new one ($9.99) with free one day shipping (normally costs around $16). Awesome.

On Amazon, I can see protectors by ArmorSuit that will only sell by Nov 22.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros