Own or buying the MSFT Band outside of USA

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
So just thought id create a thread specially for all of us who don't live in the USA and are planning or would really like to buy the Microsoft Band.

I fit under both category's here as I would really like to buy and most probably will if given the chance. However I have a few questions before I jump the gun and get one direct from the US.

Iv downloaded Microsoft Health app to my mobile from the US store and get this message when it try's to receive my account info.

521be0792f93630b7c8280d7ec06be42.png

After clicking ok it takes me to the next screen which is

93559187e927b37644c7ec4f6609dab6.png

Once iv entered my details and hit done it takes me to the sync screen

e476824893ee1ffaa0e967c157ff8d95.png

As I don't own a band that seems to be as far as I can get. So even tho I got the error message to start it looks like I can still connect a band if I was to purchase one.

Question time....

1. Has any one else downloaded the band app to their mobile device from outside USA and what was your experience?

2. Has anyone herd if and when the band will be officially released worldwide?

3. Is anyone planning or have already purchased the Microsoft Band directly from USA from any other country?

Personally I can't see why it wouldn't work outside of USA but if anyone has herd about any issues that may occur, would love to hear it.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna wait a week and see if any deal-breaking kinks pop up before jumping the gun :p the only I've seen is occasional HR measuring issues, some BT issues and the easily scratched plastic screen (small things really)

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Trying to get in Canada. Downloaded app by changing region setting. Stopped at the step to connect the band. All else seemed have worked. MS store employee in US says it will not work outside. MS Store chat say 1) will work with Alpha Cortana, 2) will pair with device while other devices are paired to device (other threads here confirm) 3) cannot guarantee it will work out side US. I too find it hard to believe it wont work. What could not work about it? Might need to take the plunge and try it.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the app in Australia (I have my phone set to US region to access Cortana) and I did not get that Network Error. Everything else was as you said. I noticed in the Windows Central unboxing video that there's a settings page for the units (hopefully to change from imperial to metric). I have family going to the US at the end of November so I'm going to ask them to get me one. My only concerns are the sizing and warranty but I think I'll take the chance.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
No reason why it won't work outside the US. I get the same error though, but I don't think it will stop it from working.

I ordered one using the concierge service at comgateway.com but unfortunately it went out of stock before they could complete the purchase.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are several forwarding services that give you a New York address. Simply order as if you were in the US, package gets sent to service, weighed, then mailed to destination address.

0.9 lbs is very light (weight of my package), should not cost much at all relatively speaking.

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Trying to get in Canada. Downloaded app by changing region setting. Stopped at the step to connect the band. All else seemed have worked. MS store employee in US says it will not work outside. MS Store chat say 1) will work with Alpha Cortana, 2) will pair with device while other devices are paired to device (other threads here confirm) 3) cannot guarantee it will work out side US. I too find it hard to believe it wont work. What could not work about it? Might need to take the plunge and try it.
Totally agree. I'm in Australia so have alpha Cortana and on windows 8.1 update 1 cyan so all should be good. Iv currently got family in USA on holiday for the next month so will prob get them to grab me one before they leave.

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the app in Australia (I have my phone set to US region to access Cortana) and I did not get that Network Error. Everything else was as you said. I noticed in the Windows Central unboxing video that there's a settings page for the units (hopefully to change from imperial to metric). I have family going to the US at the end of November so I'm going to ask them to get me one. My only concerns are the sizing and warranty but I think I'll take the chance.

Yeah I noticed that on the video too as that was something that I was worried about, cant stand Fahrenheit for the weather glad that that can be switched over. With the sizing did you print off the PDF sizing guide from the website? I was expecting to be a medium but when I put my wrist against the size chart, turns out I will need a large!.... Crazy! I'm not a big lad. Feel sort for everyone bigger than me.

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
No reason why it won't work outside the US. I get the same error though, but I don't think it will stop it from working.

I ordered one using the concierge service at comgateway.com but unfortunately it went out of stock before they could complete the purchase.

Sorry to hear you missed out due to the sell out on the store. Iv seen a few on eBay.... Over $400 Ozzie!!!!! Dunno what that works out to where your from. Seems alot if you ask me. I'd at least wanna know if it deffo gonna work fully in my neck of the woods first

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear you missed out due to the sell out on the store. Iv seen a few on eBay.... Over $400 Ozzie!!!!! Dunno what that works out to where your from. Seems alot if you ask me. I'd at least wanna know if it deffo gonna work fully in my neck of the woods first

I was happy to see a few selling for 250 USD on eBay, but soon noticed that they were auctions. After a few bids, they went up to 400. I had to slap myself and turn off the computer to prevent myself from making a huge mistake.

Have asked a few friends around Seattle to see if they can find one in stores.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
My patience ran out and I got one for 275 USD from eBay. Will be delivered to my drop and ship service by Monday and will reach me in a week. Will report how it works outside the US

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Cool. Also let us know on the fit including the circumference and thickness of your wrist. Did you use the PDF size guide to determine what size you required?

I have thin wrists, so I knew I would need the small one, however I did print the sizing guide and my wrist was slightly smaller than the small size, so small was my only option.

Should have the band with me in a week, will report more then.

Sean2014

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I purchased one from the US and had it shipped to the UK (download of the app was done using a US Itunes account.

When syncing the band it seems to show

"Network Error"
Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again.

I'm not sure if this is because it isn't meant to be outside of the US yet, but my app won't sync any stats from the band which is a little annoying..

Any thoughts ;)

S

Thorstenen

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine in Norway. Uninstall the app and install again. Then it's working :)
(I had the problem when connecting the band to the app for the first time)

Last edited:

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I purchased one from the US and had it shipped to the UK (download of the app was done using a US Itunes account.

When syncing the band it seems to show

"Network Error"
Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again.

I'm not sure if this is because it isn't meant to be outside of the US yet, but my app won't sync any stats from the band which is a little annoying..

Any thoughts ;)

S

That's funny, people say that error pops up when you first start the app, yet I live in New Zealand (region set to NZ) and it works fine until I go to pair it (don't have one yet :p)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism