Screen Protector Replacement

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My included Zagg screen protector isn't holding up that great, but MSFT online store doesn't list it. Have people been able to buy replacement protectors at the local Microsoft Store? There is one about an hour away, and I can make the drive but am wondering if it is worth it.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Armor Suit has a screen protector for the Band under their Military Shield series retail price is higher but I bought mine for 10 dollars on ebay.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Armor Suit has a screen protector for the Band under their Military Shield series retail price is higher but I bought mine for 10 dollars on ebay.

ArmorSuit is now on Amazon as well:
Amazon.com: microsoft band protector
$8 and Prime (if you have that). However, when I look at the picture it seems two of the sensors are covered and only the mic hole is open? The Zagg has an opening for all three sensors on that side.
just curious if the ArmorSuit still works fine for you.
I have a left-over ArmorSuit for my Surface and will cut that into shape using the Zagg yellow template it came with.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It works fine, it has 3 openings for sensors. But the texture or like the feeling when you touch is very different from Zagg's it's more plasticy

I Unquello

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was on the wait list at my local store. They called yesterday saying they had one for me and I picked it up last night. When I paid for it, the store employee mentioned if I had troubles with the screen protector, they'd replace it for free for me.

adamsf

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It looks like you guys might have covered Galvanic Skin Response contact point - the area around charging port.

Attachments

• ca3d8773-f8f3-4a36-a3f8-9587022e7008.png#microsoft-band-sensors-callouts-700.png
    ca3d8773-f8f3-4a36-a3f8-9587022e7008.png#microsoft-band-sensors-callouts-700.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 4

lostlogik

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It looks like you guys might have covered Galvanic Skin Response contact point - the area around charging port.
Yes, I did wonder about putting that bit on but it doesn't appear to have stopped it working. The band still knows it's on my wrist and can get my HR ok, so guess it can work through the CF skin.

Edit - I have since taken that bit off though :)

Last edited:

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
​I think it's taking measurements but doesn't report them in the app yet, taking it off as you did is probably a great idea if you want complete data

Vladimir Nekic

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
The ORIGINAL Zagg screen protector in the Microsoft Store.

Since this site sucks and won't let a person post a link until they post 10 TIMES... go find it yourself. NO LINK FOR YOU !!

BING will show you.
SEARCH FOR: microsoft band protector

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3