[BAND] Android Notification Quirk/Bug?

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I am seeing this behavior on Android with my Galaxy S5 - I am curious to see if anyone else experiences this.

If I get a calendar reminder and I do not view it or dismiss it, then I do not get any other notifications until it is dismissed.

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't have android but I haven't gotten ANY calendar reminders period! I've done everything from factory resetting the Band to fiddling with all the notification settings and still nothing. Really disappointing. The calendar tile doesn't even show all my events. Just a few random all day events.

Upstate Dunadan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't recall seeing this, but I have Android and get every other notification under the sun, and there a lot of them.

When I had email turned in, I'd get the email show on my Band and the notification on my Band letting me know I received the email.

I've since turned notifications off since I can't control which ones come to the Band.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I need to look more closely, but I get calendar notifications when the event starts - even though i don't remember setting any reminders for that. Annoying.

gadgeTT

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
My Band is connected to an iPhone (please, no flames or trolls ;-) ) and the same issue occurs. I expect that it's a designed feature and not a bug - that when there's a calendar notification, no other notifications (e-mail, text, etc.) appear until that calendar alert is manually dismissed. I'd like to see that be optional or user-configurable, but since it's repeatable and consistent, I this it's behaving as designed.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Over the weekend, I was able to confirm the following:

1) The Band alerts me to a calendar event - even when nothing appears on the phone's notification center. If that's a feature, it needs to be user-configurable. It would be forgivable if it was just passing along a phone notification, but that's not the case.

2) I receive no email alerts until I dismiss the calendar event. That clearly sounds like a bug.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
this doesn't sound like a bug to me for one reason, scheduled events that you put on your calendar take precedence over non-scheduled emails. for example, if you put an appointment on your calendar, it wants you to acknowledge that appointment because it assumes it is important (it was important enough for you to make it a calendar event) and it doesn't want you to miss it. if emails still came through you may not see the appointment.

however, i do agree that they could have handled it better (and they still can!)

it would be nice to see emails still come through and when you're through doing whatever actions with the email, the calendar event pops up again.

​anyway, just my $0.02. i hope i understood what you guys were saying about it.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
it's also very strange that there is no notification on the phone but it appears on the band. so even if you have no notifications set up for that particular calendar event, it still shows up on the band as a notification? i would assume it would only show you calendar events like that if you went into your calendar, but not give notifications if none are set. very strange behavior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss