myfitnesspal stopped syncing

Upstate Dunadan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I just noticed the same thing. My workouts are not syncing. And from another thread, it sounds like it may be related to the MS Azure outage they had. I believe it runs all their cloud servers.

simpkijd

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Syncing has stopped. Hopefully this will get corrected soon or better yet the Band will gain the capability of syncing with the MS Health and Fitness app.

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Until they add a barcode scanner, that app is pretty useless as a calorie tracker.
Uh, it DOES have a barcode scanner. I don't use it that much because very little of what I eat has barcodes.

EDIT: If you're taking about the Health app, then never mind. I saw the title of the thread, and I was on a page that only showed the last two messages.

Last edited:

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It looks like a general issue with synchronization of Microsoft Health data with third-parties after the Azure outage last week. I've contacted Microsoft and RunKeeper support yesterday, but so far no reply from either.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Any word ? Not sure who we contact with the info? I suppose MS employees are using this as well.... so hopefully they already know..

So the next question is will they sync when the connectivity is resumed ? Or should we just manually enter workouts into MFP?

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This is from RunKeeper @RKsupport on Twitter a few minutes ago:

@shinsenai We have our systems team looking into the issue right now! We should have things up and running soon!

I also got a tweet from @microsoftband asking whether it is working now, but no, for me it's not working yet

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I also got a tweet from @microsoftband asking whether it is working now, but no, for me it's not working yet

Thanks for the post. Still not working for me either. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting to MFP and RK and still nothing. RK did post the association but nothing else.

sdrexler11791

May 10, 2013
Visit site
From myfitnesspal web site:
MyFitnessPal | **Microsoft Band Sync Issues**

**Microsoft Band Sync Issues**

Updates can be found on bottom of this thread

Hi folks,

We are aware of an issue that has halted syncing between the Microsoft Band and MyFitnessPal. We are working with Microsoft to get this resolved, and hope to have it fixed shortly.

The behavior you may be experiencing is either a long delay in sync times between Microsoft and MyFitnessPal, or no sync at all.

We will keep you updated below on any progress that we have made in resolving this issue.

Cheers,
MyFitnessPal Staff

=====================================================================

UPDATE

11/24/2014 1:53PM - Microsoft has resolved this issue, and is currently working through their backlog, normal sync times should resume by dnd of day today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism