[BAND] What will happen to data on reset?

dbregman

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
According to MS Support - I asked - if you reset by holding the two buttons for 30 seconds, it will reset the H/W but retain all data including SB card. I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS YET - so please attempt at your own risk. Please report your results.

cardingtr

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I've reset mine a few times. Yes the data is retained by Microsoft Health. You also need to unregister your Band from Microsoft health to get a clean pairing.
But be sure you have your starbucks number ready/written somewhere because it wont be retained.

robgar1212

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. So as an aside .. since the Band is not yet synchronized with HealthVault, am I correct to assume that if I were to uninstall MS Band Sync App from my PC that my data would be lost? In summary, it sounds like I can reset my device, but not the PC app until HealthVault is supported. Sound accurate?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. So as an aside .. since the Band is not yet synchronized with HealthVault, am I correct to assume that if I were to uninstall MS Band Sync App from my PC that my data would be lost? In summary, it sounds like I can reset my device, but not the PC app until HealthVault is supported. Sound accurate?

On my phone, I frequently see "syncing with cloud", so I don't know as that's correct. However, you'll have to remember what login you gave your app. Because I can't find that information anywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro