[BAND] Software Reset Procedure?

raagsurr

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I was having lot of issues with Heart Rate monitoring, values were way off than my other bands.
I contacted MS Band support and they walked me through to do software reset on my band.
After the reset my resting HR reading is very close to my chest strap reading. I will check HR during exercise for the next few days and then post my findings here.
I didn't see those instructions in the forum anywhere.
So I am posting the instruction
- Hold Power and Action buttons together for 30 seconds. Screen will turn off in few seconds but make sure to hold up to 30 seconds ( count it)

- Then plugin the band it should say "Welcome Back. Battery drained....."

That's it MS Band is now software reset.

After the reset don't forget to turn on GPS and recalibrate your steps.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I was having lot of issues with Heart Rate monitoring, values were way off than my other bands.
I contacted MS Band support and they walked me through to do software reset on my band.
After the reset my resting HR reading is very close to my chest strap reading. I will check HR during exercise for the next few days and then post my findings here.
I didn't see those instructions in the forum anywhere.
So I am posting the instruction
- Hold Power and Action buttons together for 30 seconds. Screen will turn off in few seconds but make sure to hold up to 30 seconds ( count it)

- Then plugin the band it should say "Welcome Back. Battery drained....."

That's it MS Band is now software reset.

After the reset don't forget to turn on GPS and recalibrate your steps.

I'm happy you managed to solve this :) I might be wrong, but I think WC did an article on how to reset your band a while back

lovesurface

May 3, 2013
Visit site
In which way this is different than reset the band from settings>power> reset data as stated in the band website support page and in the wcentral article?

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This is a soft reset not a hard reset.

Hard reset will be done from the menu on the device itself under settings. Which WILL delete all data.

You can use this procedure as I just found out in the event the battery drains completely. Sometimes the band will not start after battery drain. If you reset as instructed in this post it will start after connecting the charger. So to summarize.. charge the band then follow step to soft reset.. then connect band to the charger.. wait 2-3 seconds and it should turn back on. I thought mine had died.. seem the charger did not make a good connection overnight.. and the battery completely drained.

Just spoke with support on this...;)

willgill

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset does delete that day's events, but archived activities are still on the app. I just performed the Hard Reset plus delete and reading the Band. All activities remained, but my day's step count went to zero.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3