email syncronisation and notifications

Ivar Torgilstveit

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I've got my band and have synced it to my lumia 930 phone and pr now everything seems to work fine except from email sync and notifications. I have several email accouns in use on my phone (outlook exchange, hotmail, gmail and yahoo) but non of these accounts seems to get synced to my Microsoft band. I've reset both the band and my phone but without any help.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Ivar,

In order for your mails to sync with the Band you need to set the language and region of your phone to US.
I only changed mine to US to download the app. I changed it back to UK and my email syncs no problem. You may need to turn on email notifications in the app settings.

Last edited:

Ivar Torgilstveit

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
thanks a lot it worked!
I live in Norway but looks like I only had to change language settings on the phone to US language as it it still works when going back from US region to Norway region with US language on my phone ☺

OliverLx

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Ivar, I live in Germany, and even after yesterday's updates I only get email notifications on my band if I set the phone language to US. Region, Format, Speech and Keyboard are set to German. Do you have the same issue, i. e. you only get email notifications if the phone's language is set to US? Otherwise I would have to activate the VIP list and live with the fact that I could only get notifications of up to 10 email sender addresses.
Regards, Oliver.

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Oliver,

I live in France and my phone's region needs to be set on US in order to get emails notifications.
So maybe you can try setting yours (region and language) to US one more time, before reverting the language to German.

Maybe this manip will re trigger something in the MS servers.
Let us know.

OliverLx

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok, there are 4 language settings in Windows Phone: keyboard (K), language (L) + format (F), region (R), speech (S). I had everything set to DE except (L). Now, on your request, I set (L) + (R) to US and restarted. No change: everything runs perfectly.
After this I moved the language DE up above US-EN and restarted the phone. By this action (R) remained US as expected.
I clicked as usual in the Bluetooth settings on the band to connect it (not to have to wait too long) - and as expected and corresponding to all my tests with L=DE, R+F=US email notifications do not work. Setting R+F to DE did not help either.
Setting only L=US helped then, as all may test of the past months showed, at least on my phone (Lumia 930). And I heard the same from others.

Do you have any other idea? Are your notifications working with L not equal to US-EN?

I really have no problems having my phone's language set to English. However Cortana is not working with L=EN + R+S=DE, and that's really sad. "Not available in your region with the language you chose". With everything set to DE or everything to EN Cortana works, for sure.

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have L+R set to US-EN at the moment.
When I use L = FRA + R = US-EN, I get emails notifications at the begenning (for a few hours), then emails notifications stop working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa