App Update! New firmware!

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
There's a band update?

YES!!

Update in Android Play Store: 1.3.1210.1 dated Jan 6 th.

It will trigger a firmware upgrade via bluetooth: 1.1.2110.0
Edit: MS Health reports the Band version as only 1.1.2110.0
But the Band reports the version as 1.1.2110.0 09 R

The only featured they mentioned, and the only one I see: now when I turn on phone notifications, I can select specific apps to allow/disallow notifications on the Band.

It also says the generic "Bug fixes".

The update wasn't totally smooth for me. The download seem to take forever, but I think shutting down the apps made it go though. After the app update, Bluetooth communication seemed to get cut off. But toggling Bluetooth on the phone fixed. After a delay and while exploring app menus, it prompted me to upgrade the firmware - all via Bluetooth.

Note: as of this posting, the MS Band update history hasn't been updated.

Shoutout to sstrike for tipping me off.

Last edited:

Th3P

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting, I live in the UK and found I had to change the region to US un-install the app then install again and then offered the update

Ayed_a_ali

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
how did you change the region coz i can not install the app from store coz i bought the phone out of USA ,

if any one got the APK file please provide it to me so i can download it without the play store

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My first attempt to update failed (started, connected, then said it couldn't find the band). I simply synced the band (it had been a week or two since the last sync) then the message came back to update. I updated the firmware successfully this time: ~5 minutes from start of 1st fail to succeeding to typing this post ;)

No comments on update as of yet, just getting up and running.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Got my update early this morning very fast no problems. There were 2 parts 1st was the android app update than the 2nd was the Band firmware update

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Just got the update for my iPhone... Does same as Windows app... when you open the app after the update, it prompts to update the Band. My Band was updated in about 3-4 minutes. We will see how it is now...

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
How do you like the new firmware and app?
I like being able to select my notifications. I had to turn off all "phone" notifications as I was getting alerts that the Band was uploading to the cloud. That gets old fast.

It's going to take some time to see what bugs have been fixed.

toddsay

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
The ability to select notifications is a nice improvement. At work we use Google Hangouts for communication, and I had no way to get those notifications on the band until now. I actually enabled notifications and then unchecked every app except Hangouts, which gives me what I was hoping for.

noxius_2

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Go to phone settings/region and change the country to US
The reboot your phone and you should find the application in the store ;)

Ayed_a_ali

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Go to phone settings/region and change the country to US
The reboot your phone and you should find the application in the store ;)

it dosent work that way.

it is very complicated with new android devices .

any one got the APK file for the new update?

please share it with us.

driedl

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I noticed my band vibrates now when I plug it in and unplug it.

The Band also no longer tries to check your heart rate while charging, a minor fix but a good one.

I'm pleased that I can finally turn on notifications. I had disabled them because I was sick of getting alerted every time my device would sync with the band.

My device (2013 Nexus 7) is technically not supported but now seems to work perfectly. Hopefully Microsoft will start supporting it so I can quit needing to jump through hoops to update the software!

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I had mine charging in the car this morning. Battery looked almost full, but at the end of my 40 minute commute the battery level on the band was the same, even though I checked to make sure that the Band was charging. And I have the new firmware update...

danckel

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Look at droidpick.com/download/?apk=microsoft-health

Worked for me. Band now 1.1.2110.0 App 1.3.1210.1

APK updates app and the app updates firmware by loading it from the web. Took all less than 5 minutes without resets and without loss of data on band.

Best, Danckel

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Just now noticed that post-update, group texts now display preview text with an MMS indicator. Thank you, Microsoft!

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the GPS locks faster on mine since the update.

I hope this is a sign that new and promised features are around the corner.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So, to clear it up - for a windows phone user outside of the USA [i'm UK] - i have to uninstall the app. Change my phone location to USA, reboot. Redownload the app and wait for it to update the app, then update the band whilst connected to the computer. Then switch back to the UK?

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So, to clear it up - for a windows phone user outside of the USA [i'm UK] - i have to uninstall the app. Change my phone location to USA, reboot. Redownload the app and wait for it to update the app, then update the band whilst connected to the computer. Then switch back to the UK?
i dont think you have to be connected to a computer. The app updates the band over BT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss