Using Band Without Phone Nearby

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance to the matter, but I've looked for an answer to my question in these forums and on the Microsoft website, but I have had no luck finding it. If it's somewhere I missed, I apologize in advance.

Currently, I have my Band paired to my 1520. I have a few different phones that I like to swap between every once in a while, and I don't feel like resetting and repairing my Band each time. If I keep my band paired to my 1520, leave the 1520 at home, and wear my Band, will it keep all of my info on the device and pair with the 1520 when I get home?

Thanks! :)

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
There's been some question as to how much the band can hold. I've discovered it appears to be at least a couple of days (excluding exercise and running) as for some reason the sync app crashed and I didn't notice it until a couple of days later.

But once I got it running, the missing days showed up.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There's been some question as to how much the band can hold. I've discovered it appears to be at least a couple of days (excluding exercise and running) as for some reason the sync app crashed and I didn't notice it until a couple of days later.

But once I got it running, the missing days showed up.

That's odd. Thanks for the info though. I'm going to do a little experimentation over the next couple of days.. :)

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
That's an excellent point -- I'd recommend getting the Band and phone together at least once a day if possible, and also checking the app on the phone to make sure it's syncing as it should!

​-Matt

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how much it can hold, but yes, one of the big things I saw about the Band was being able to leave your phone behind while you go workout/run and then having it sync when you get back.

legend921

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
If you're out in a run and you don't have your phone with you then there would be no push notifications. But ask the workout stuff works without your phone

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I also enable bluetooth only twice a day for couple of mins to sync, once in the morning after I wake up and in the evening before I go to bed.

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I also enable bluetooth only twice a day for couple of mins to sync, once in the morning after I wake up and in the evening before I go to bed.

Why? Why not leave it on? To save the battery life?

I never turn off my BT. Its set to connect to my cars, earbuds for the gym, 3 extension cordless phones at home, and Band.

Have not noticed significant difference between BT on versus BT off on my phone battery life.

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Why? Why not leave it on? To save the battery life?

I never turn off my BT. Its set to connect to my cars, earbuds for the gym, 3 extension cordless phones at home, and Band.

Have not noticed significant difference between BT on versus BT off on my phone battery life.

Well the battery of my 1020 drains faster with BT on. I use it in the mornings for syncing + for the car to stream music when driving to work and in the evenings to sync the band + drive home. Also I use it with my Bluebuds X when training. I once forgot to turn it off and the battery basically halfed. Usually I get around 2 days with my Lumia 1020 (when turning BT off after I don't use it anymore)

mkg3

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
.......Usually I get around 2 days with my Lumia 1020 (when turning BT off after I don't use it anymore)

The battery life expectations is the difference here. I aways charge my phone overnight. Don't expect my phone to hold charge for 2 days, with all the things I use it for (email, web, txt, multimedia, calendar and not to mention used as actual phone.... imagine that!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3