What is going to happen with the Microsoft Band with Windows 10 release?

btech30

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 with Microsoft band

Does anybody know what is going to happen with the Microsoft band with Windows 10 release? Will it work or maybe an update for the Band? Or MS is going to shutdown the Band? Wanted to buy a Band but don't know if it will work with Windows 10...

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 with Microsoft band

Why would you think the Band wouldn't work with Windows 10? It's not even a year old. And besides, it syncs through the Microsoft Health app. OS doesn't matter --- it works with Windows, Windows Phone, Andorid & iOS.

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site

And if helps the original poster the existing desktop Band sync app on Windows 8, works flawlessly on Windows 10.

Alaskacomputing

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
The Microsoft Band does work with Windows 10 Mobile. The issue with it is it will contentiously disconnect the Bluetooth with text. Seems to transmit the workout and email. Not always the phone calls.
I have notified them of this.
Also - if you use OneNotes it doesn't work on Windows 10 Mobile. You need to go through OneDrive to access the OneNotes.

If anyone finds an answer to this let me know. I have reverted back to Windows 8.1.1 but love the Windows 10 mobile.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I used 10 mobile for a while, but now I'm on 8.1 and will remain there until the band works with mobile. On 10 the facebook tiles don't work, texting via the band keyboard doesn't work (it says "connecting" forever), and cortana doesn't work either. They had better fix at least cortana and texting before 10 is released.

lvanzijl

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
On the last techdays netherlands there was an official slide with "everything will now run on windows 10" and the slide had all kinds of devices on it, laptop, tablet, phone, xbox and even a band. So my guess is that the next version will run on windows 10 IoT and has more possibilities with custom apps. I will buy the band2 even if its released tomorrow even thought I purchased my band1 just a month ago :D

herrie_abbink

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

Managed to connect my Band with the latest Windows Mobile 10 build, so far no issues.
Lumia 820 on Windows Mobile 10

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It will work with W10 mobile, however it might not run it. Only if the memory of the band was a little bit bigger, it could get the IoT Core version. But with this much memory I think it'll be stuck with it's own OS (which is probably based on NT too)

Thomas Wadsworth

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site

Works fine for me, get all notifications except the Facebook tile. But that's likely because I use Facebook beta on my phone

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't work for me on w10. Text notifications are a hit or miss. Same goes with the keyboard. And speech to text via Cortana never works at all.
W10
Lumia 810
Band 1

jonda99

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to WM 10 on my Lumia 1520, and notifications are not working on build .107. The Microsoft Health app still syncs nicely, but I liked the notifications so I may revert back to 8.1 until it's fixed. Kinda wish I'd read this thread before updating to 10. Hopefully this is addressed soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon