iPhone and Bluetooth

runningwithband

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Before I got the Band I had a Jawbone Up24 (and still use it occasionally to compare sleep data). The UP app and band have zero issues with bluetooth sync on my iPhone.

When I open the app it wakes bluetooth (if not already active), finds the UP band, and syncs seamlessly. Every time. Not so with the Band. About half the time (or more) I have to turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, then click on the Band name on the BT screen to get it active, then restart the Health app and sync.

This makes me think Jawbone's cracked how to work with the iOS BT stack in a way that MS hasn't yet figured out. Would be great if that was the case and sync issues could be solved in a future update.

I love the Band and use it every day.

eyecrispy

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Had the same experience when I had the Band. My Up24 was much more reliable with syncing ... as is my surge. The Band was not consistent. A real shame if you ask me.

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I got my Band at the beginning of January, and I had an iPhone 5s. It worked ok for a few weeks, then it started dropping connection 2-3 times a day, and turning off/on Bluetooth would generally fix the issue.

2 weeks ago I upgraded to an iPhone 6 Plus, and for the first few days I was having the same issue, then it went away. And I have to say after the latest round of updates connectivity has been pretty awesome. Just as a test when I open the Health app, I see what steps are counted, and then check the band. 8 times out of 10 the app and Band are the same. For the times they aren't I manually sync and it works fine.

I wish I knew why it works great for some, but not others...

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm blaming iPhone for having garbage BT. I connect my Band and either my car or headset for audio. Audio hiccups or BT connectivity drops all together and sometimes requiring a reboot just to get it working again.

I connected a variety of things to my 920 without issue, but this... iPhone is a headache.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Based on this thread I decided to try my Band and iPhone again after the update. So far I'm impressed. I haven't had issues with disconnects or audio drops in the last couple days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes