Can we compare our sleeping track?

pdawg17

Jun 6, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to be dense but how do you capture a screenshot of each graph? When I try it only seems to give me the option to save the entire page as an HTML file...

I want to show off my sleep cycle :)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
here is my last week. had it off for a day since I got my replacement band (corrosion on metal parts). Also, not healthy to go to bed at 4am. Of course the latest night screws up all the average wake up and bedtime values.
sleep.PNG

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
One of my best, from last night. Sadly not at all typical, I generally average 3 1/2 to 4 hours per night when working, then try to grab an hour or two nap during the afternoon. Can't remember the last time I got 8 hours.

Screenshot_2015-03-28-19-07-57.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-28-18-02-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-28-18-02-32.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 3

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to be dense but how do you capture a screenshot of each graph? When I try it only seems to give me the option to save the entire page as an HTML file...

I want to show off my sleep cycle :)
If you're on a PC, you have a few options...my personal favorite is that I press the Function key + PrintScreen (that's how it works on my laptop) -- it's often Control+PrintScreen on typical keyboards. You then have a beautiful capture of the entire display, which you can paste into your favorite image editor (I use Irfanview) and cut/resize as you like! Windows also has some built-in tools but I do it the old-fashioned way. Wouldn't have a clue how to do it on a Mac.

@Black3eternity: I agreed with EVERY word of your post. I think you're starting off with exactly the right expectations about sleep (and health) tracking. You won't be disappointed with the Band. One minor caution though: as you realize, all of our reverse engineering is speculation. Nobody knows, for example, whether the GSR sensor is yet implemented, and if so, how it contributes. I'd read in a few places it's ONLY used to determine whether you have the Band on just before it tries to read HR. I'm sure that's a guess too. There is some hope that it might become a "stress" sensor but I think that's very optimistic thinking.

It's the end of March and we have yet to see the "actionable insights for healthier living" that MS advertised last November -- the limiting factor is not the amount of data in their servers, or the brainpower of MS engineers. I'm guessing, like most tech companies, they are stretched down to the last employee and constantly reassessing how much money/time they want to spend developing the Band vs. other devices with revenue streams. I've seen this happen over and over and over again with laptop and cell phone companies. A year after product launch, if the company has delivered 60-70% of what they promised in the initial ads, that's really good.

On the other hand, the latest major update added lots of great features, including integration with the MS HealthVault and a new web Dashboard. On the whole I think patient, loyal Band owners have been well-rewarded. Maybe the next 6 months will bring some more new features!

-Matt

PS Regarding "time awake": my sense is that, for me, the Band says "Awake" when it's really more "tossing and turning." I'm not aware of being awake most nights (say, between midnight and 4am) but I must be moving around quite a bit.

NBrookus

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
IME, these kinds of sleep trackers can also say you are asleep when you are just holding still trying to sleep.

I thought my 2.5 hours of "restful sleep" was bad, but it looks like I'm about average.

pil71

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
image.jpgFor me, Band is extremely inaccurate and actually frustrating. It routinely documents that I fell asleep after 1 am, while in reality i fall asleep around 10 pm. I know that i sleep because for example last night i missed several texts around 11 pm on my phone because i was deeply asleep.

Last edited:

Sam Swancutt

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
wow, you slept like a log !

Edit: I've posted a new thread about the hot shoulder guided workout if anyone would like to compare ? ;)

Last edited:

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
So here are couple of mine. One good, one bad and March...sleep.jpgsleep_bad.jpgsleep_good.jpg

I usually have around 2h30 restful sleep, wake up pretty often and have a low Heart rate (maybe I'm wearing the band too loose? or would it not recognize my HR at all if it were too loose?

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
How discouraging. When this all started I was reassured that 1 hour per night of restful was average. Now I see I'm sleep-deprived!!!!! :crying:

-Matt

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Thought I would join in on the fun. I think I sleep like crap because I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, and it takes a while to fall back asleep. Anyway, here's last night's.

Capture.JPG

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
After sending off my Band for warranty due to a faulty HR monitor, I was finally able to compare sleep tracking between the Band and the Fitbit Flex that came with my Lumia 830. The Fitbit sensed that I woke up nearly twice as many times (21 vs 12), but somehow tracked 40 more minutes of sleep between those times awake and 17% higher sleep efficiency.

Attachments

• Sleep_new.jpg
    Sleep_new.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Sleep_fitbit.jpg
    Sleep_fitbit.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 104

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is mine...

Keep in mind though that I have Severe Sleep Apnea and use a CPAP Machine when I sleep.

This is my worst night to date:

mySleep.png

This one is probably one of my better nights:

mySleep2.png

I sent this in to my sleep therapist. I have to go back in for another sleep study so they can re-adjust my CPAP treatment. :D

HanTing Lee

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a weired experience with my first time to use Microsoft Band record my sleep, and the result shocked me..
Would that be the unexpected fibrillation, or just an excited dream which showed up during that time?
wp_ss_20150413_0001[1].png

Black3ternity

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
So I just received my band round about three hours ago.
I needed a little while to get a proper width on the clasp but I think it's fine now.
I'm amazed by the size of the band. I ordered it in M so it fits perfectly and I have enough spare to make it more tight or loose. Great stuff!
Already constantly checking my HR because I'm curious and never had anything like that. Just wow.

Did a little housecleaning and went to have a quick nap. I remembered something around the 90minute timeframe of one "sleep cycle" so I kept that in mind when setting my alarm. I enabled sleep mode and went to have a quick nap. Including time required to fall asleep, I calculated something around 1hr 45mins should be sufficient.
Took a little while (approx. 20 minutes) to fall asleep and woke up once to switch to a more comfortable pillow-setup.
Sadly, I woke up before the alarm went off. Nearly 25 minutes too early. It perfectly reflects my sleeping pattern as I can tell for myself. The "time awake" and the pretty long duration of my time awake right after falling asleep pretty much match my glance on the alarm clock when I turned in bed.

About the resting HR:
I thought it would be a little bit lower because I'm sitting at the desk right now and typing this post and the band states a HR or 63.
But it should be fine that I had a resting HR of 60 because let's face it - I just slept around 1 hour and so it's clear that I'm not getting the deepest of sleep.

Here it goes:
first_nap.JPG

By the way:
regarding the 90 minute "sleep cycle" that was stated on the website that gadetrants postet in this thread: Before I received the Band I tested it, and it fits pretty spot on. A multiple time of 90 minutes gives me good rest and I'm refreshed. Anything outside the 90 minute mark and I'm totally wasted and need pretty much time to recover from sleep. And that was the case in this sleep also. Because I woke up 20 minutes early, I felt pretty bad and it took a while to know what's going on.
That is amazing how such little information can change everything :)

Keep it up guys!
Regards,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon