Screen protector application tip

UWbadgers16

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
For those struggling with screen protectors, I've had varying degrees of success by using the dry Zagg screen protectors as a wet application rather than a dry. The screen protectors dry and stick just the same, but the wet install is much more forgivable in terms of positioning.
  1. If you REALLY want to eliminate any dust that can get under the screen, perform the application in a bathroom with some steam built up (run the sink or shower on hot for a few minutes).
  2. Fill up a measuring glass or the like with ~10 oz/300mL of water. Add 1/4 tsp of dishwashing liquid soap (NOT THE STUFF THAT YOU PUT IN A DISHWASHER). Mix the two.
  3. Dip your fingers in the resulting solution to avoid fingerprints and remove the screen protector fully from its backing while being sure to take note of which side has the adhesive. Don't forget which side has the adhesive.
  4. Dunk the screen protector in the solution. Pull it screen protector out and give it a few shakes to get off excess solution.
  5. Apply the screen protector adhesive side down (obviously), and use a squeegee to push the excess solution out from underneath the screen protector. This step can be especially tricky on such a small device because the protector is likely to slide all over the place. Just be careful.
  6. Work the solution bubbles out from under the screen protector and be sure to keep the rest of the Band as dry as possible.
  7. Give the Band an hour or so to properly cure.
Hope that helps some of you. This works well with the Zagg, but I can't say what the effects will be using another screen protector.

EDIT: Here's a picture of my application.
View attachment 6X4tExF.jpg

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Not sure I bought mine slightly used and it has a protector on it but it has crud under a corner and I ordered a pack of two on amazon and haven't gotten around to putting a new one on. The instructions are exactly the same as the OP's.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Pre ordered my Band (UK), due to arrive sometime after 15th of this month. Order includes free screen saver - Originally thought they were Zagg, but have seen some reports they are now a different brand. Anyone know?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
For those struggling with screen protectors, I've had varying degrees of success by using the dry Zagg screen protectors as a wet application rather than a dry.

I recently learned from a colleague that you can install dry screen protectors as wet. It's a cool trick! I always struggled with positioning.

I usually buy Xtremeguard wet install screen protectors, but if you have some dry install ones this is something to keep in mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss