Inner rubber "pads" peeling off?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I just finished a chat session with the MSFT service rep, was informed that the rubber covering the battery(s) is purely cosmetic, and that MSFT won't replace / repair it under the standard 1-year warranty. Did you purchase an additional protection plan?

I purchased the Microsoft Complete plan with it. But when I exchanged it, they said it was covered under warranty. They mentioned an email about it. I didn't talk to an online service rep, I took it to the store where I purchased it. They said, cosmetic or no, it isn't supposed to peel off.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Microsoft Complete plan with it. But when I exchanged it, they said it was covered under warranty. They mentioned an email about it. I didn't talk to an online service rep, I took it to the store where I purchased it. They said, cosmetic or no, it isn't supposed to peel off.
Cool! Ok, I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.

Frostie9411

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
It should be covered. I just noticed my pads peeling today. I contacted customer support, started a support chat, and after 20 minutes, was told Microsoft would give me a free replacement. I didn't have the extended warranty and I purchased my band during the initial launch last year. The only thing I had to do is send a couple of pics via email to Microsoft and the customer service rep took care of the rest. She even called Kenwood Mall in Ohio to confirm that they had a replacement Band for me.

Capn

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I hadn't had this problem until yesterday. Promptly went into a MS store and got it replaced. No questions asked. Warranty was transferred.

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Same thing for me I am on my 2 about to be 3rd because of this, after a while in this mode the Desktop sync stops as well. I purchased the 2yr replacement at BB because MS store is too far away and they exchange it and transfer warranty no problem as well. Also if it is within the 2yrs and they don't have any original bands in store you get the newer one (band2 :) ) One good thing about BB I guess.

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the plastic coming off the inside of my band, on one of the battery covers. I put in a warranty claim, mailed it into Microsoft, they replaced it and had it back in a week.

danckel

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
It now happened to me too. How long lasts the warranty? Do I need a receipt of the original purchase when I take it in (The band was a gift)?

Best, Danckel

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
basically I have this same issue that started happening this month. I am waiting for the announcement of Band 2 within aug-sept time frame. And by then, once I know a set date, I can trade this in; sell it on ebay and use that money to get band 2.

gyhor

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue with the pads peeling off.
I chatted with microsoft uk. The next day UPS was here (germany) and after 3 workdays i received a new microsoft band.

No hassle at all. Perfect service!

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine used off of craigslist back in December... the guy had it for a week, but didn't like the feel. He didn't purchase the extra warrenty or anything but he emailed a copy of his receipt from the microsoftstore.com

Anyway, my wife took my band to the microsoftstore kiosk in the mall during her lunch break. They briefly looked at that email on her phone, took my old band and handed her a new one in a box. No questions asked.

chickentikka

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I am a UK owner, I went in to the band help and put mine in for a fix by registering it and following the instructions. It is in for repair for free as I type this ****updated**** got it back from Germany, they repaired the rubbers and the glass screen for free. MS now that is what I call service. Thanks Microsoft.

Last edited:

TonyC1968

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Only had mine 6 months and the inner case is peeling. Won't buy one of these again. Garmin from now on. Microsoft customer service appalling. These aren't cheap either

Sam Swancutt

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Mine has peeled off a little, but I'm not sure about returning it again (last time was corrosion of the sensor).
I have a Skinomi screen protector and full body "carbon fibre" skin. They (Skinomi) kindly replaced it last time I had to send it in but I doubt they will do that again...

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The one I have is 6 months old. I don't wear it in water, I don't swim in it. At most, it will get moisture on it from sweat. After 3 months, the plastic began to peel off. Now, I can't wear it at all because the clasp itself broke off, I hope MS will do something for me.
attachment.php

Attachments

• broken clasp 2.jpg
    broken clasp 2.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 61

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the plastic coming off the inside of my band, on one of the battery covers. I put in a warranty claim, mailed it into Microsoft, they replaced it and had it back in a week.

The same thing happened with mine but on both covers. Mine also had the bubbling / corrosion on the metal contacts. I did not have the Microsoft Complete protection plan since they stopped selling that the same time that I bought my Band. Yet they replaced it without any pushback at all. Turn around time was about a week and they paid for shipping. Great support!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened with mine but on both covers. Mine also had the bubbling / corrosion on the metal contacts. I did not have the Microsoft Complete protection plan since they stopped selling that the same time that I bought my Band. Yet they replaced it without any pushback at all. Turn around time was about a week and they paid for shipping. Great support!
That's good to know. How did you make contact? I need to return mine.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I followed the "Get My Band Fixed" process on the Microsoft site. I went directly to option 3, filled out the form there and everything went smoothly. I don't seem to have a copy of the request as it was submitted so I cannot remember for sure, but I think I was able to attach some photos to it showing the problems which may have helped. After that I promptly received confirmation that the request was approved and a shipping label. I then received status update emails both when it was received at Microsoft and when they sent out the replacement which was helpful.

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us/support/troubleshoot

Sorry, I don't know what the **** is going on with the link I tried posting above... a bunch of "tradedoubler.com" bull**** gets inserted into it by the forum every time I try to correct the URL which breaks the link. So just highlight and copy/paste the text and as displayed and that will work to get you there or search for it on the Microsoft site as it's easy enough to find.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I followed the "Get My Band Fixed" process on the Microsoft site. I went directly to option 3, filled out the form there and everything went smoothly. I don't seem to have a copy of the request as it was submitted so I cannot remember for sure, but I think I was able to attach some photos to it showing the problems which may have helped. After that I promptly received confirmation that the request was approved and a shipping label. I then received status update emails both when it was received at Microsoft and when they sent out the replacement which was helpful.

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us/support/troubleshoot

Sorry, I don't know what the **** is going on with the link I tried posting above... a bunch of "tradedoubler.com" bull**** gets inserted into it by the forum every time I try to correct the URL which breaks the link. So just highlight and copy/paste the text and as displayed and that will work to get you there or search for it on the Microsoft site as it's easy enough to find.

Just did it. I just need to box it up and drop it at FedEx. Or my office which is how I usually send stuff. Thanks for the assist.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss