Missing features

Daniel Heinrich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
What are you missing on your Band (things, that can implemented via firmware and software updates)? No wishlist for upcoming Rev. of the Band.

- european language support (want to talk german to Cortana)
- inactivity alert
- "mark read" synchronization between Phone and Band
- reply option on the Band for all kind of messengers and mail (WhatsApp, etc.). SMS IS ALREADY DEAD!
- delete function to clear old notifications (like "clear my band")

Please continue...

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Talking German to Cortana works without problems.

My phone is set to German with German Cortana and when I talk though my band to Cortana, it uses the configured German speech detection and I get replies in German.

Daniel Heinrich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Talking German to Cortana works without problems.

My phone is set to German with German Cortana and when I talk though my band to Cortana, it uses the configured German speech detection and I get replies in German.
Changing speech to german doesn't work with US Settings on the phone (which are needed to make all functions (MAILING) work).

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Changing speech to german doesn't work with US Settings on the phone (which are needed to make all functions (MAILING) work).

Well, my phone is set to all-German and all features on my Band work, including my both mailboxes. However, I don't have any clue why some have problems with non-US settings and some don't (like me)...

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello Marratj,

Now that is interesting. What English setting did you choose when turning on your band for the first time? Was it English US or English Intl?

I live in France and like Daniel, am stuck with full US settings.

Besides, can you answer your SMS, talking in German to Cortana via the "reply" option in the SMS tile?

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello Marratj,

Now that is interesting. What English setting did you choose when turning on your band for the first time? Was it English US or English Intl?

I live in France and like Daniel, am stuck with full US settings.

Besides, can you answer your SMS, talking in German to Cortana via the "reply" option in the SMS tile?

I had it set to English international on first setup.

Tapping "Answer" on a SMS only gives me the option to choose from the predefined answers set in the health app, no Cortana from there.

However, I can launch Cortana just fine with the Action button and then tell her in German that I want to send an SMS and dictate it to her (also in German).

pepelepieux

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
OK, thank you. So for now, the answer back option via Cortana from the sms tile only works in English.
But how you get your emails working with all German settings still puzzles me.

I am a bit jealous now.

ealkalai

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Ater using the band for abut 2 weeks, I am missing almost the same things.
I would add suport for displaying characters of non english languages an emoticons.
The reply feature to other IM services might be apper with the windows 10 functionality to quick reply on the notifcation banner.

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm italian, the phone is set to Italy/italian even on the first time I set the band, all work as expected except Cortana for SMS reply and the keyboard is in english

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3