What is your current fitness level?

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Welp, it looks like Microsoft finally turned on the VO2 max tracking on the Health Dashboard site. This is my current level according to the dashboard, what's yours?

Capture `.PNG

Also, according to the little 'i' tooltip, there is one level above "very high". Any guesses on what could it be? Maximum?

Last edited:

Kronus24

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Maximum? Lance Armstrong when he was doping would probably be one of the highest ever for V02. I forgot what year was his best year, but it was the year that his doping guru said " as long as you don't fall off the bike, you cant lose ".

Maximum non doping, hum..

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tracked enough rides yet for it to show up. I'm a little confused by this metric though. From what I've read in the past VO2Max is kind of your genetic ability to process oxygen. Training can bump it up a little, but you pretty much get what you get. If you're an aspiring young cyclists, they may run a VO2 Max test on you to see if you have the genetic potential to compete at a high level. If it comes out low, you pretty much don't have a chance in the pros.

They way I've always understood it, fitness level is more a matter of how well trained you are.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... This is one of the metrics I have always been curious about. When I've had it done, it was always with a respirator. How can Band do this accurately w/o tracking your O2 consumption?

DrFix82

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I have 39.4. I don't understand why dashboard says "high", when all tables considers this value as "Far" or "Below normal", I'm 32 and I've been started training (run) only a month ago, even if I'm in perfect weight, just to improve my cario-vascular fitness.

Normative data for VO2 Max

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've never run or bike with the band and it shows the fitness level on my dashboard. I think you just need a few sessions of any workout.

I have 23 sessions of logged exercises thus far since latter part of march. Mine are all just 'exercise tracking', no running, biking or even guided work outs

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is a magic trick but...

...mine didn't update until after I logged out of the Dashboard AND cleared my cookies/cache for the site. Logged back in and voila, it worked.

-Matt

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is a magic trick but...

...mine didn't update until after I logged out of the Dashboard AND cleared my cookies/cache for the site. Logged back in and voila, it worked.

-Matt

Cleared my cookies and cache, logged out and back in. Still nothing. Maybe they need to roll it out in stages on the back end?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3