How to charge your band on the go

Tim Young4

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I found something out very interesting this Sunday. I was riding in the Tour de Cure and was doing the 104 mile route. I knew the Band would not last that long so i decided to bring along a battery pack that seems to work. Its a freebee i got at a trade show so i have no idea what manufacture it is. But it is DC 5.0V and 2600mAh. This sucker power my battery for 10 hours!!! Disadvantage is that you have to have the charger under the band and against your wrist. Its a little uncomfortable ( but after a while i didn't even notice it was there) and had to figure out how to route the charge cable so i could bike well. Also it messes up your calorie burn data because the band uses the charge port sensor to help with that. Otherwise i was able to gather all the other data for the ride.

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Yep, 4-5hrs is the limit with GPS on. However if you do a stop you and get back to 80% charge in about 30 mins so that should cover all but the longest of marathon rides.

dan.booth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've also been trying to find a way to charge on the go (so that I can track full day hikes). I bought an Anker 2nd Gen Astro E5 as they were on offer on Amazon UK, but have found it's clever IQ device detection system cannot detect that the Band is if plugged in on it's own so stops charging after 30-40 seconds. It's luckily got 2 USB ports, so if I plug my phone it at the same time it keeps the Anker 'on' and both devices get charged. I also have tried charging whilst while wearing and found whilst it was possible I didn't have anywhere convenient to put the charger (Band charging cable too short). If I try charging whilst walking with the devices in a pocket, the charging cable too easily becomes detached. The best solution I've found is as the OP described, to charge during a stop (usually lunch) up to 80% - but all too often I'm half way through my lunch before I remember!

dan.booth

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
goofus828 - yes I'd considered an USB extension, but it's (a) something else to carry & (b) another connection that can come loose. Haven't tried it though so maybe I should give it a go.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Does the band fully work when it's being charged while wearing it? I tried that and the band gave a message "where did you go?", because the sensor around the charge port was no longer in contact with my skin. Would it still count steps and monitor heart rate? Would other functions still work?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3