An extreme example of MS Band wear

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I just posted some of this information on another thread, but ill explain a little more. I'm a d1 athlete in college and I wear my Band 24/7. I'm running, jumping, and throwing A LOT, weightlifting, and a lot of other stuff. I've been pretty hard on my Band. I thought id just explain all the stuff it has wrong and how it has faired so far: Mine is still functioning, but hasn't worn terribly very well. I bought it the day it came out. I'm still using the same screen protector, but it's peeling off. The area without a protector is scratched. The lock slips frequently. The metal on the heart monitor is bubbling and showing a copper color. One of the battery areas has the black paint stuff peeling off substantially on the inside of the strap. The strap is getting a little too flexible where it attaches to the main device (to an extent where I can see the internals when the strap is flexed open. The straps have several slashes in the rubber from hitting things. The charger sometimes has to be disconnected and connected again to start charging. One strap is wearing thin where it probably rubs my pants. It still works!! I wear it 24/7. It's awesome. Hopefully it lasts a while longer.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I just posted some of this information on another thread, but ill explain a little more. I'm a d1 athlete in college and I wear my Band 24/7. I'm running, jumping, and throwing A LOT, weightlifting, and a lot of other stuff. I've been pretty hard on my Band. I thought id just explain all the stuff it has wrong and how it has faired so far: Mine is still functioning, but hasn't worn terribly very well. I bought it the day it came out. I'm still using the same screen protector, but it's peeling off. The area without a protector is scratched. The lock slips frequently. The metal on the heart monitor is bubbling and showing a copper color. One of the battery areas has the black paint stuff peeling off substantially on the inside of the strap. The strap is getting a little too flexible where it attaches to the main device (to an extent where I can see the internals when the strap is flexed open. The straps have several slashes in the rubber from hitting things. The charger sometimes has to be disconnected and connected again to start charging. One strap is wearing thin where it probably rubs my pants. It still works!! I wear it 24/7. It's awesome. Hopefully it lasts a while longer.

Thanks for the feedback :) mines been doing great since i got it, but this is first gen, they might make it out of a new materal next time around

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I want to say I'm sorry you're experiencing such wear-and-tear on the Band so soon. Did you purchase Microsoft Care+ when you bought your Band?

Also if you don't mind, could you take a few pictures of the damage to it so others can see if it is happening to them as well? It'll also help Microsoft as they are known to occasionally browse these forums.

Yes I have MS Complete! Here are the pictures. http://imgur.com/a/BuGam

Last edited:

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been wearing mine pretty much constantly since I have had it (about a month.) The functionality is great, but it's not sturdy. I'm not an athlete, don't run, mostly use it for the non-fitness functions and the sleep tracker. First read this thread on Tuesday when my band was perfect, on Wednesday morning a chunk of coating peeled off the inside where the battery is housed. It continues to peel. NOT amused!

I may just peel it all off and re-coat in matte black Plasti-Dip. Or maybe if I can find a nice "hyper black" like you find on aftermarket alloy wheels...

mijacs

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't do near as much activity and mine has those issues to a smaller degree. I was not terribly surprised because I remember what happened to my watches I used to wear. Hopefully Band 2 is more durable.

Curious, has it been helpful for you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3