Charging whilst paused ride?

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm taking part in a 100 mile charity bike ride this Sunday and I would love to track it all with my band, but as far as I understand it the battery won't last that long with gps turned on. There's an enforced 30 minute lunch stop, so I was planning on pausing the ride, plugging my band into my portable battery pack, then resuming afterwards. Just want to know whether that will work or whether a ride is automatically ended after a while or when plugged in. Thanks!

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
No, when an exercise is active or paused plugging in the charger does not have any effect, other than charging the battery that is :)

I did a 4hr GPS ride and was down to 30%. 30 mins would get me back to 80% which would give at least another 3-4hrs. So if you lunch stop is at the 3-4hr mark you Should be fine.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
No, when an exercise is active or paused plugging in the charger does not have any effect, other than charging the battery that is :)

I did a 4hr GPS ride and was down to 30%. 30 mins would get me back to 80% which would give at least another 3-4hrs. So if you lunch stop is at the 3-4hr mark you Should be fine.

Awesome, thank you, it should be at the halfway mark so that's excellent to hear!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3