Not covered by Warranty

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I actually just got a replacement for mine - corrosion by the charger and peeling plastic. I walked into the MS store, showed it to him, he asked the size, grabbed a new one with a screen protector and rang it up. I was in and out of the store in less than 5 minutes. He didn't even ask who I was or when I bought it.

I inquired about that and he told me that they aren't being pushed for sales of it and that they were just swapping them out to make the customer happy.
OK, add me to the list of re-owners. Walked in to the store and swapped mine for a new one today. Took 15 minutes rather than 5 -- they spent several of them trying to look up my initial purchase in the system (I don't think they found it).

Now I have a difficult choice to make:

(A) pull it out of the box, register it, and enjoy!

OR

(B) sell it and save the proceeds for a 2nd gen Band!

Not sure which way I want to go. If the new Band is announced in mid- October and released within the same month, I'd happily wait for it. If on the other hand it's announced late October or November and *maybe* shows up around BF/pre-XMAS...I'd rather keep what I've got and upgrade early next year.

Decisions, decisions...

-Matt

Attachments

• BandBreak.jpg
    BandBreak.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Ya rolls the dice and you takes your chances, Matt. :winktongue: I'm trying to hold out with my old Band until the new one comes out. So far its still working, tho the battery covers are totally gone. No separation issues like you had, though, and its still charging ok in spite of some corrosion. Screen protector is peeling badly, but I hate to sink money into a new one at this point if I can help it.

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine last halloween. I have peeling and some separation when it flexes. I feel it may break sometime before the year runs out. I bought at physical store with the $20/ protection policy. I was told that unless I lost it, if it broke I could replace it, even if dropped in water or run over by car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes