Display blanks out

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
This is a new one. When I went to pull the Band off the charger this morning, I noticed the display was blank. A quick check showed that it was on and battery was at 100%.

I then took it off the charger and set it down while I went to shower. When I came back, the display was blank again. But a quick button push brought it back to watch mode. Three hours later, it's still doing OK.

I'm wondering if that last firmware update causes the display to blank if the Band is "still" for too long? If so, I'm surprised I didn't notice it until now.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Haven't noticed it with mine, how long was it on the charger? Mine is usually on it for only an hour or two. I know some others here have reported problems with the screen apparently powering off intermittently, and that's led to an RMA, hope its not that.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Haven't noticed it with mine, how long was it on the charger?
A little under 2 hours. It came alive when I did something, and power seems fine. It's not like the batteries are dying. I thought that might be a power saving feature to turn off watch mode if it's clear it's not being worn.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
This is a new one. When I went to pull the Band off the charger this morning, I noticed the display was blank. A quick check showed that it was on and battery was at 100%.

I then took it off the charger and set it down while I went to shower. When I came back, the display was blank again. But a quick button push brought it back to watch mode. Three hours later, it's still doing OK.

I'm wondering if that last firmware update causes the display to blank if the Band is "still" for too long? If so, I'm surprised I didn't notice it until now.
The first blank may be easy to explain -- remember that while it's charging, even if it's in Watch mode -- the screen will turn off if you press the power button. Kind of an odd feature, but that might be why the display had turned off (esp. if it was resting with the Power button facing down).

The second one is a bit more intriguing -- an inactivity time out? Interesting. I'm letting mine rest on the counter, unplugged, to see if I can reproduce!

In the meantime, I mentioned in another thread last night that I seemed to have GPS-locking issues after the last update, which were resolved by a full wipe/reset. That might the alternative explanation here.

-Matt

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The first blank may be easy to explain -- remember that while it's charging, even if it's in Watch mode -- the screen will turn off if you press the power button. Kind of an odd feature, but that might be why the display had turned off (esp. if it was resting with the Power button facing down).

That might well explain it. Maybe the second one was some kind of "left over" from that.

Same usage pattern today, but it didn't happen.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting blank screens while playing hockey! Nothing seems to wake up the band until I connect up the charger.... you think low battery but it's fine! It has recorded my hockey game mostly.

Just not sure what/when makes it shut off unresponsive like that. This is happening on my 3 week old band. My first band didn't have this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb