I had a bad day!

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
So I was so tired last night I got the best sleep I have had in a long time... but forgot to put my Band in sleep mode. Then, our morning run (actually we walk) was a personal best speed. At least that's what my wife's Band said. Mine said the battery was dead about 25% of the way there.

Amazingly, Microsoft Health says Actual Sleep (detected) which I was not expecting. I was actually expecting it to think I was awake all night.
Unfortunately, there's still no way to edit the run data to provide the missing time and distance.

Here's hoping these functions improve in the next version.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Yup, been there, done that. Luckily the Band does now have auto sleep detection, although you lose out on the restoration analysis (for whatever that's worth). I can't tell you the number of times I've messed up on tracking activities, for one reason or another. Its why I now always wear two devices, because invariably one gets messed up somehow. I've forgotten to hit the start button, I've hit the start button but not firmly enough, I've had batteries go flat unexpectedly, I've inadvertently hit the pause button part way into a ride and not noticed it (once for about a miles, once not until I got back home). I wear the Band on one wrist and my Garmin watch on the other wrist. So far its saved me from losing an activity; other than not being able to have it in the MS Health app. At least I still have it in Garmin Connect, Endomondo, or something.

More battery life would sure be nice in V2. Went for a 26 mile bike ride today, and worried about the Band running out, but thankfully it lasted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss