Why can't I reply to text messages with Cortana?

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
can't reply to text messages with cortana.

the last update pushed out to the band seems to have killed off the ability to send replies to text messages via Cortana.

There's nothing wrong with the mic on my band because I can still push the action button and do the other usual things like ask what the weather forecast is and get a response just fine.

When I try to reply to incoming text messages now, however it just tells me to wait a sec, seems to think about things and then comes back with an error message about not being able to hear anything and fails :(

Anybody else having this problem and/or know how to fix it?

I've tried power cycling the band, the phone and that doesn't seem to help with this issue.

Gary K

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: can't reply to text messages with cortana.

Was working when I was using Windows 8.1 but I have upgraded to Windows 10 build 10166 and it has stopped working .What windows are u using on your phone

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Was working when I was using Windows 8.1 but I have upgraded to Windows 10 build 10166 and it has stopped working .What windows are u using on your phone

I'm on 8.1 DP.

I did upgrade and try out the Win 10 build 10166 and believe it was working then, but reverted back to 8.1 and then reloaded the developer preview releases. I believe the Cortana reply capability was working under both releases up until that latest firmware update came along for the Microsoft band :(

Erik Novikoff

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

The Cortana voice recognition ability in the Windows 10 Mobile preview does not work (and has not worked). They are still working on the fix for it, but it has been lower priority at this point. Still not available on the latest build (10166).

Erik Novikoff

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm on 8.1 DP.

I did upgrade and try out the Win 10 build 10166 and believe it was working then, but reverted back to 8.1 and then reloaded the developer preview releases. I believe the Cortana reply capability was working under both releases up until that latest firmware update came along for the Microsoft band :(

Not sure why you are on 8.1 DP. I have just 8.1 install on another phone and Cortana works just fine when I bind to that phone instead of my Windows Mobile 10 phone (10166). Perhaps just try 8.1 before you do the DP and see if it works on that level, then go to DP and verify that its not working there. The DP may have the new code that they are trying out in 10 that is still buggy.

mikeadesign

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I am having the same issue as well and seems to have stopped after the last band update. I am currently running phoneOS: 8.10.14219.341 and band version 10.3.3304.0

Chris Randall

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having the same problem. I was running Windows 10 but then reverted back to 8.1 and now I've noticed that I no longer have the small keyboard option and Cortana no longer works. I also use the band with an Android phone but even when I'm connected to my 1520 it doesn't give me the keyboard or Cortana option under text message replying.

NelsonF

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Same with my Band. I can't reply to a text with Cortana. However, I can text with Cortana by saying "Text". However, I can reply to a text using the keyboard but who wants to use that on a daily basis. Using the health app, I reported the problem to Microsoft under "help and feedback". Hopefully they will have an update in the near future.

NelsonF

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site

FYI. I received an update yesterday (8-23-15) to the Microsoft health app that seems to have corrected the MB's inability to respond to text via Cortana. I've tested it a number of times and it's working fine, albeit a bit slow. The Microsoft Health update is v1.3.10820.2. Finally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss