Cortana still not working with Band and Windows Phone 10

Stuart Bruce

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I've just installed the latest Microsoft Health app on my 1520 and had expected now that it's a universal app that my Band would finally start working again with Cortana and Windows Phone 10. But it still just gives me a message telling me to connect phone by Bluetooth (when it already is).

Has anyone got it working yet or do we have to wait for final release of Windows Phone. Seems odd that so close to be able to buy new phones it still doesn't work.

TL Sorenson

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Same issue for me. Was excited to install the universal app today on my 1520 and have Cortana back. Sad to say, that it is still not working. Still states that it either cannot find my phone or that bluetooth may not be on or I am too far away from my phone.

Paddy Redmond

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Band still unable to connect via Bluetooth to phone - (which says it is paired and connected) No change there then. In UK. Lumia 925 Build 10536

GAMaus

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar Problem on the latest WP 8.1 after the Update:

After the Microsoft Health App got it's latest update today it can't find my Band.

What i did so far:

Unregistered and reset my Band, then uninstalled the app from my Phone.

Reinstalled the app, registered my Band.
The Band get's found by the app, BT-connection setup is done and the first sync works.
So i get weather and calendar data on my band.

Then i try to manage the tiles. I hit the save button, the tiles on the band get rearranged like i set them up in the app
but the app tells me it can't find my band.

Now if i try to sync the band with the app it tells me it can't find my band and i should check bt-connetion.

edit
All notifications are working (email, Facebook etc)
/edit

3rd-Party apps like Pimp my Band do work.

Is there a way i can get back the old app?

My Hardware:

Lumia 930 (WP 8.1)
Microsoft Band

Thx!

I'm upgrading to WP10 (10536) right now and i will report back....

edit
Nope, not working. The new app broke it :(
/edit

Last edited:

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Ya I really hoping Cortana would start working. I'm still not getting general notifications or texts to my band. Only phone calls, emails and facebook show up.

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
cortana doesn't work on my band either. I didn't get notifications at all until I tried this:

Uninstall Health App from phone;
remove the pairing in bluetooth; change advanced settings to use "alternative Bluetooth audio for speech"
Reset band (on band in settings)
Pair band to phone's bluetooth; reinstall health app; set up, sync
Should work.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ing-with/6c6b76d9-ca3d-40bc-99a4-d43b087966d7

This is for my 1520 on win10TP 10536

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Health and it says this "Cortana does not work with this version of Microsoft Health, please stay tuned for updates"

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
cortana doesn't work on my band either. I didn't get notifications at all until I tried this:

Uninstall Health App from phone;
remove the pairing in bluetooth; change advanced settings to use "alternative Bluetooth audio for speech"
Reset band (on band in settings)
Pair band to phone's bluetooth; reinstall health app; set up, sync
Should work.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ing-with/6c6b76d9-ca3d-40bc-99a4-d43b087966d7

This is for my 1520 on win10TP 10536

Thanks, tried this yesterday. Notifications are still spotty from my m8, It's like every other text buzzes my band; still get no general notifications.

TL Sorenson

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Just happened to try this again on my 1520 with 10.0.10536 and 2.3.11008.0 version of Microsoft Health and Cortana worked.Long press of small button, spoke my request and Cortana opened on my phone and completed the search. :)

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I just came in here to check why my text notifications weren't working...then they started working. :p

Methinks we need to make use of that little feedback button.

Oh, also, if the health app complains that it can't find your band when you attempt to make a change, keep pressing the save until it does. Stupid, but it works.

Also, my battery is low, so I can't get the absolute latest build yet. I'll try Cortana again once I can get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)