Band with Win10 Build wont stay connected

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I did not have much of a problem with keeping my band connected with 8.1 or the last several insider Win10 builds on my Icon. Now with the current 10856 build I can not keep my band connected with blue tooth.

Anyone else having problems like this with current insider build?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I just figured out something that helped. Its connected well now that I ran Microsoft Health to check my sleep patterns lately.......after syncing the band with app it then solidly connected via bluetooth without consistent loss of connection.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Can you get notifications, email, calls and Cortana on the band using the current Win10 dev preview build? I am unable to get any WP integration.

longlifexs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I have a Lumia 925 with build 10856, just got the Band 1 today. I guess I'm out of luck because I don't get any of the smartwatch functions:
- if I use Cortana and phone is on, it opens the search query correctly on the phone, but band says "Sorry, couldn't reach your phone". If the phone is off, nothing happens on it and Band says "Sorry, couldn't reach your phone"
- Calendar events only remain on the Band for a while after syncing, then disappear and a message along the lines of "Nothing coming up, check back later" shows
- messaging, mail, phone, Cortana tile only show "No new texts/No new calls/Nothing new, check back in a few" and neither do I get notifications
I'm pretty disappointed, hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Same here, ordered it from UK and got it yesterday. I was wondering if this is because I set my Band to English (because of the Keyboard, which doesn't work with German as language) and my Phone to German. Since you have the same problems, I guess the language doesn't matter. I hope they resolve this issue soon. For now I can only use the watch and the sleeptracker (I haven't tried running or other sports with it).

edit: What I have noticed btw is that some apps can't connect to my Band, like "Go to my Band" or "Awesome Band Backgrounds". And It seems like my Band has always 80% battery, which would be cool, if it would be right. ;)

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
A big disappointment without Win10M (TP) integration. How is the Band 2 able to work flawlessly with the Lumia 950s running the official W10M?

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Okay, it's working now. I changed the Region and Language on my Phone to US and English, as well as on my Band. I get notifications on my Band, Mails, Cortana works. I have to try Phone and SMS and reply. I am happy that it's working now, but don't understand why MS is so region-focused. Why do I have to change my setting on my Computer to Germany, to get a german Cortana and why do I have to set the Band and the Phone to US, although the Band has german as a language to choose from... I don't get it :/

edit: Okay, even Phone worked, but my Band wasn't registered to my MS Account. I don't know how that happened. I factory reset it, because I want calendar to work as well.

Last edited:

longlifexs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Still doesn't work for me :(

I already had my phone set to region=US, language=US and even tried changing the regional format of time and date to US, but nothing changed. Tried reinstalling MS Health app, no change either. I have no idea what region my Band is set to (don't know how to view/change it) but if there was a setting during the initial setup, I'm 99% sure I set it to US too.

I'm glad it works for you! But I have no idea why it doesn't for me and the others :/

longlifexs

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I used advice from this thread (http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-band/397895-microsoft-band-1-sync-issues-950xl.html) and things somewhat improved for me. At least I can get Cortana to communicate with my phone and feed info back to the Band. I need to experiment with notifications, will update later. EDIT: notifications work, yay!

However, Cortana's performance is still rather sloppy, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and it never works if the phone's screen is off. Sooo there is still a way to go.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon