Oops An unknown error occurred with your band.

woodyg8

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the original band and a Lumia 640. When I connect the band to my 640 I get this error message (Oops An unknown error occurred with your band.) I have factor reset both devices, performed all updates, checked every setting I can think of and even updated the 640 to the latest preview build and the error comes back. I performed the setup as follows

1. open MS health app.
2. Add a band
3. Select Original band.
4. Pair band ( Success your band is connected)
5. Band and phone say updating
6. Band says almost there. Phone error pops up now.

I also have a lumia 950 and a Android lg escape 2. The band has no problems connecting to the 950 or the android phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I now believe it is a problem with the Microsoft account. I have successfully been able to connect the band with my 950, 830, a stock 640 and a 640 with latest windows 10 build using my MS account. When I try the same devices with my sons MS account I get the error.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20151129_0001.png
    wp_ss_20151129_0001.png
    58 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

KyalKanuck

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here, 950XL and Band 2...MS support guy actually said 'Oh my'.
Question: when you loaded up the app for the first time did it think it already had a band registered? I have tried unregistering my band and uninstalling/reinstalling the app but it always thinks I have a band registered when I start this process...like it can't update my account on this particular phone.

lianglqufo

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
QQ??20151130212635.jpg
Just asked the MS Rep. Got this. Don't really know whether this is true or not. If it is, it really sucks.
I would think that Microsoft Band will at least work for Windows 10 Mobile given they are from the SAME COMPANY.

wrm1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 117946
Just asked the MS Rep. Got this. Don't really know whether this is true or not. If it is, it really sucks.
I would think that Microsoft Band will at least work for Windows 10 Mobile given they are from the SAME COMPANY.
The band hasn't worked properly with Win10M yet. What you posted is good news. Unless I misread, I saw nothing indicating loss of support.

lianglqufo

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
The band hasn't worked properly with Win10M yet. What you posted is good news. Unless I misread, I saw nothing indicating loss of support.

But woodyg8 said that his/her 950 connect with the band no problem. IDK whether I should worried about this or not? Cuz I think some people can actually connect their band.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Band1 and win10586. (Lumia 1520)

it managed to pair after a few times, but then id get that exact issue when i was syncing. i ignored it and thought id look at it later when i had time. it went away by itself.

my Band2 on the same hardware and win10 version did the same thing at first. Now it hasnt done it since.

lianglqufo

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Band1 and win10586. (Lumia 1520)

it managed to pair after a few times, but then id get that exact issue when i was syncing. i ignored it and thought id look at it later when i had time. it went away by itself.

my Band2 on the same hardware and win10 version did the same thing at first. Now it hasnt done it since.

Did you change anything before you can set it up? Or just keep trying? I am mad confuse because some of us don't have that problem and some do.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
made the changes i wanted to make, and saved them. the error kept on appearing. but then suddenly stopped and i didnt see it again

Anthony Kopas4

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Had same problem with same phone. Worked on Wife's 640 but not mine. Finally set up new Microsoft account and wiped phone to sign in with new account and it worked! Upset that I had to move everything over to new account just for the band.

Noir_cl

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same issue. Dropped my moto X 2 on the pool so I went back to my 920 and it won't connect, no matter what. I rolled back to 8.1 since I was on 10 and the issue kept happening, so I borrowed the gf's moto x 1st gen and it linked without an issue. I'm really disappointed since I can't use MS Health to view my info or have notifications and will be forced to sync trough the desktop app.

Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786