Just got my 15 min hands on demo today, Very NICE!

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Just had my 15 min demo at the local MSFT store. I was worried that it would really be a let down after reading stuff online. This product is really amazing. The FOV is no big deal at all, and WAY better than I thought after reading the reviews.

I am still trying to find a game changing application for it.

In my demo on of the coolest things was that the video of a guy skiing was supposed to be on the wall, but I wan playing with the room mapping button so much (where it real time draws the polygons on the furniture, which I could do all day) that it put a wall in front of the video which was docked on the wall. I could only see the top left triangle corner. What was cool was that if I literally moved my head up to the wall and looked behind my obstacle, I saw the full screen. The demo person showed me how to close it down and re add the video which was super easy. I made it roughly the size of a 55" tv and put it back on the wall (or so I thought). I played the video and watched it. I think walked toward it to realize that I didn't pin it on the wall, but pinned it in the middle of the frikken room. I spent the next 5 minutes walking around the video hanging in the middle of the air, and yes, it played the reverse image on the back side. It was the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the FOV was fine from what I saw. It would be nice to have it wider, but it's definitely usable as is. The experience was quite awesome and I accidentally scaled the video to like 140", so I could even see the entire screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos