Any HoloLens owners out there?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Any HoloLens owners out there? We're looking for a 'Champion' to rep this forum in the Windows Central community! If you have one, and LOVE talking about the HoloLens, we want to hear from you!!!

Reply to this post if you're interested!

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
HoloLens owner and enthusiast here. There's not much activity going on in this thread and I haven't visited much I've offered to review apps for WC if that's of interest, but we need a critical mass of users who would feed this topic. What kind of content do you think should be included here? Dev discussions happen on the HoloLens Dev Forum (Official Microsoft), reddit, stack overflow and slack channel.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@YKinase - thanks for replying!

Agreed that we need a critical mass - exactly why I started the thread!

One thing that might be cool to see (if you're up for it) is a few app reviews here in the forums. But really, anything you're passionate about and want to tackle, I'd love to read about it here in the HoloLens forum!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was soooooooo tempted to buy one last year, but just couldn't justify the price. It's a fair price, just too much for me. I'm keeping my eyes on it, though. Can't wait for the tech to get better and the price to get lower.

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
OK! I'll see what I can put together. Maybe first cover the types of apps that are available. I'll go back and check the HoloLens pages on WindowsCentral to see what's been covered before. I offered Dan some in depth reviews of HL apps but may not have used the right channels to reach him.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to see? I assume there are enough review of the first party apps like Young Conker, HoloTour, etc., but if you think there's interest, I can throw something together!

And thinking ahead, maybe we could change this to HoloLens and Mixed Reality? Things like demoing the new Holograms app on the Mixed Reality platform that anyone can try (with Creator's Update). I expect the ability to deploy apps to the MixedReality Portal in the near future as well. I signed up for the dev preview of the Acer MR tethered headset but haven't heard anything back from MS yet

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone created a colorblind app? Is it possible to overlay the view with exaggerated tones to make colors more easy to distinguish?

I was thinking that something like that might be useful - along with an "inverted mode" that can be used for testing to ensure something is usable by the colorblind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs