How satisfied are you with the 435?

cawafuoshi

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Looking into the 435 for traveling and as a Wifi calling capable backup phone with Tmo. They are selling for $29 at Walmart and everything considered the price is tempting to have it around. I remember the 530 was basically garbage screen wise. How happy are you with screen, endurance, connectivity, voice and audio quality? Thing with Tmo USA is that Lumias are very scarce now and I prefer a branded phone over an unlocked one for the wifi calling feature for travelling. Otherwise I am quite happy with my ATT 640 on Tmo.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'll let you know my personal experience. I had it for close to 2 weeks because I had to send in my T-mo 640 in for repair. At the time, it was $39.

Anyway, the voice quality is decent. It wasn't HD voice but it was pretty good. The screen looks alright if you look at it straight on, but from angles, it looks a little washed out but you could get used to it. I didn't have any issues with connectivity at all (or at least anything outside of the usual). As for audio, I didn't watch any videos or play any music on it so I can't speak on that. If by endurance, you mean battery, I feel like it held up pretty well.

cawafuoshi

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
thanks @ libra89. Screen is the major reason I would not spring for a 530. But from what I understand, the 435 has got a better one. Won't beat the 640's one, but hey, it's just a backup and travel phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
thanks @ libra89. Screen is the major reason I would not spring for a 530. But from what I understand, the 435 has got a better one. Won't beat the 640's one, but hey, it's just a backup and travel phone.

You're welcome. I think it will be just fine. In that respect, the 530 screen is horrible all around, at least with the 435, the screen is decent while looking at it straight on.

DarkSK17a

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
The best cost benefit in any low-cost phone on any operating system.

The screen is good enough, the audio sounds strong, the GPS is phenomenal, the signal reception is good.

It is chubby and plastic, yes, but unrivaled at this price.

We'll done Microsoft.

cawafuoshi

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
@DarkSK17a thx for telling me about audio and GPS. The latter is indeed important in a traveler's phone. Sounds the 435 is no lemon at all.

DarkSK17a

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
@cawafuoshi you're welcome! I have to tell you something, if I went back to using a GPS on a phone, it was thanks to this humble 435. That pleasant surprise I took.

cawafuoshi

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
For some years I have been using only Here Maps and Drive. I put in an order at Walmart for two devices. Stocking up. The 550 won't be available, if at all, for this money on Tmo.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
For some years I have been using only Here Maps and Drive. I put in an order at Walmart for two devices. Stocking up. The 550 won't be available, if at all, for this money on Tmo.

I wish it was, but I strongly doubt that they would carry it, or even a US carrier for that matter. I feel like it would have been announced by now if they were.

cawafuoshi

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
And thus, the ultra cheap Lumia will be a thing of the past unless the 550 and perhaps 650 hit similiar price points after a while. The ATT 640 is, without a doubt, the better phone and deal at $59 or less, but for someone who wants Tmo Wifi calling (and Band 12), there is nothing to be had atm. At least, the 435 ticks the Wifi calling feature.

cawafuoshi

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
My 435s arrived today. First impression: Nice.

Screen is better than expected. Grip is nice. Very pocketable. Snappy. A Lumia. Camera is of course nothing to write home about. Will test some more, esp. Call and audio quality. Def. a neat device at $29.

cawafuoshi

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Audio was a bit muddy. Had to use equalizer first time with a Lumia to brighten the sound of my music. Call quality is on the muddier side as well compared to the 635 and 640. Unfort., for in call there is no equalizer. Then, 3.5 G is where the 435 shines on Tmo. At our cabin, where 3G and LTE was added just recently, I used it as a mobile hotspot serving up to 3 devices at a time for streaming video without a hitch. Didn't miss lack of LTE at all.

Rob-Houston

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Got a 435 from Fry's for 29.95 in December. This was my first WP. I didn't expect much but I like it alot better than the androids I had. I have a 640 to go with it. The 435 will be used when I need a pocketable phone for traveling/jury duty etc. The Onenote and Office apps are far better than the free android apps I tried. For me it's a keeper as a second phone. :wink:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Got a 435 from Fry's for 29.95 in December. This was my first WP. I didn't expect much but I like it alot better than the androids I had. I have a 640 to go with it. The 435 will be used when I need a pocketable phone for traveling/jury duty etc. The Onenote and Office apps are far better than the free android apps I tried. For me it's a keeper as a second phone. :wink:

Good to know. I have a brand new clear TPU case lying around for it. If you want it, its yours, just cover shipping. Thanks.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I noticed my local Target had the T-Mobile version of the Lumia 435 on clearance for $35 so I don't don't if that's a sign that T-Mobile have discontinued this phone. I noticed they only have refurbished ones on their website.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I noticed my local Target had the T-Mobile version of the Lumia 435 on clearance for $35 so I don't don't if that's a sign that T-Mobile have discontinued this phone. I noticed they only have refurbished ones on their website.
This is very interesting. I was just at Target last week and it was full price. I feel like going back to my local Target to investiage. Hopefully they aren't killing it off, but eh who knows anymore. Sad thing is, if this was the case, it lasted a whole lot longer than the 640 :/

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
This is very interesting. I was just at Target last week and it was full price. I feel like going back to my local Target to investiage. Hopefully they aren't killing it off, but eh who knows anymore. Sad thing is, if this was the case, it lasted a whole lot longer than the 640 :/
I still can't believe T-Mobile stopped selling the superior 640 and yet kept the 435...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I still can't believe T-Mobile stopped selling the superior 640 and yet kept the 435...
Same.

Thanks to you, I went to check it out and ended up getting one. Who would have ever thought that Target would be cheaper than Walmart? lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99