Line appearing on my Lumia 532 screen, how can I get rid of it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

line appearing on my lumia 532 screen

centre part of my screen a black line appears

Megachip

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: line appearing on my lumia 532 screen

Exactly like that.
Did you found a solution how to fix it (forever)?
It seems a bit like a software (or controller) bug for me, cause it did not occure on boot screen (and appearing, disappearing, getting bigger or smaller randomly - but only when display is off.)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Did you found a solution how to fix it (forever)?
It seems a bit like a software (or controller) bug for me, cause it did not occure on boot screen (and appearing, disappearing, getting bigger or smaller randomly - but only when display is off.)
Unfortunately I didn't.. I reported the issue to the person I bought it from, so they just gave me a refund after I sent it back.

scottakoons

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

I recently bought a 532 and immediately updated it to the fast ring and saw no issue prior. I noticed a white dot at top and bottom center, would grow to small white lines, and worst case become a black line stretching the center of the display. A restart always clears it, and is so far an acceptable solution based on the infrequency of occurrence. If it occurs on both WP 8.1 and W10M, I'd say it is in need of a firmware update, that it's not likely to get. This 532 was destined for Thailand, purchased from a CA eBay store. Runs faster than my L640 and prefer the smaller screen. I've owned many Lumia phones, and this issue is a first for me.

scottakoons

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site

Update, and possible solution...

I've been using the slow ring for my 532 and fast ring on my 640, which I'm planning to roll it back to slow. Two features that I've turned off seem to have improved upon or eliminated the white dots, and the black line, which was less common. Turning Glance off provided the most improvement, and also went so far to turn off double tap to wake as well. The Glance screen idea was direct from a Microsoft Support thread. There were no other solutions offered. If you can live without two nice features of a Nokia Lumia, it's better than the black line that forces me to restart. Since I carry a total of 4 Windows phones (the other two being L521s) losing Glance on one isn't so bad. Hope it helps others with this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo