WARNING to 535 Owners

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

latest Windows Mobile 10 update will make your phone even more unusable. Outlook won't launch, WindowsCentral App won't launch, Spell-check has stopped working (I've checked my settings) the keyboard does a random dance on occasion and battery life is slashed by at least a third. I'm guessing the 535 just isn't up to the job any more...

There. Advice - don't upgrade, or as I will have to do, buy a new phone.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask if you have tried any trouble shooting, before stating your blanket advice to Lumia 535 owners?
A soft reset or hard reset?
Whether you are referring to the latest threshold or redstone builds?

Please join the Windows Central forums, so that you can reply to this thread.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
latest Windows Mobile 10 update will make your phone even more unusable. Outlook won't launch, WindowsCentral App won't launch, Spell-check has stopped working (I've checked my settings) the keyboard does a random dance on occasion and battery life is slashed by at least a third. I'm guessing the 535 just isn't up to the job any more...

There. Advice - don't upgrade, or as I will have to do, buy a new phone.

I got news for you: 535 owners here use Win10 normally as daily draiver. So, you can stop shoutin nonsenses without givin tech info e specs about your build

You simply didn't left your phone updating all core apps , as every build needs. Imagine your phone as a notebook

johnny4x

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
oops. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm just a regular user, and feel upset that my device is getting less usable with every update - thats just a fact. I enjoyed reading Windows Central as I am actually a Windows fan - but I feel frustrated with my phone. I bought it with Win 8.1 installed and upgraded when WinMob 10 became available. I'm not on any insider programme.. just regular updates - the latest being Tues 12th July. All apps update themselves - that setting is on. I have re-booted the phone many times since the latest update, but still it behaves as my first post.

Perhaps what I should have said is; does anyone with a 535 have the same issues? and any advice on how to perhaps re-set things to working order? I don't have many apps installed and next to no music = Storage says I am using 5.17 GB out of 7.28 .. maybe thats too tight?

Advice appreciated.. pls don't shout at me.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I am a 535 DS user and I use it as my daily driver.I had some app crashes,blank tiles etc on the initial builds of W10 mobile but I think many others with more expensive phones too had the same problems (as reported on the forum).My phone on 10586.318 and .420 was working very well.I had battery life ranging from 21 hours to 1 day 8 hours depending on my use.I am having a few problems on this build - voice recorder won't launch (as I have posted in the .494 thread)and a Outlook Mail tile and lock screen problem on 13th July which resolved by itself.The screen sensitivity problem especially while charging has become almost nil with W10 upgrade.I am using 4.14 GB out of 7.28 ,but I also have a sd card installed .I always have autocorrect off so I can't say about that.So I am not dissatisfied and I am looking forward to the Anniversary Update.
If you have not done a hard reset after upgrading to W10 then you might try it out with a fresh install.

Edit : I am a non Insider.

Last edited:

johnny4x

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys. Well, I tried a reset using the volume button and the off button, got a massive exclamation mark ! .. but once re-booted, no luck, things were the same as before. So, I went for the big kahuna - Reset to Factory Defaults. After what seemed like hrs getting the phone back to where it was - the phone is now behaving as expected. So happy days. Sort of. I still struggle with the keyboard, and the Windows Central app still launches and fails, then works the second time launched - but, generally things are better now!

Thanks !

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys. Well, I tried a reset using the volume button and the off button, got a massive exclamation mark ! .. but once re-booted, no luck, things were the same as before. So, I went for the big kahuna - Reset to Factory Defaults. After what seemed like hrs getting the phone back to where it was - the phone is now behaving as expected. So happy days. Sort of. I still struggle with the keyboard, and the Windows Central app still launches and fails, then works the second time launched - but, generally things are better now!

Thanks !

Glad that it has worked for you.Windows Central app has been doing the same in my phone as in yours but I am sure it will improve with further updates to the app.I think battery life in your phone will also gradually improve over the next few days after the hard reset.
For me the Voice Recorder problem was corrected with an app update in Store today.It seems that it was a bug affecting many phones.
Most of the problems are not 535 specific,they are there on other phones with better specs too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05