lumia 540 can't connect to PC via usb

Choji Choji

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, since my upgrade to windows 10 mobile build 10586.34 I lost ability to connect my phone to my PC and any other PC at all. The PCs don't even recognize a new hardware is added, I have done alot of hard resets & currently running the latest fast string building but still got the problem.how can I fix this without losing my update???

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
First of all stop doing hard resets :/ Since you stated that you already tried different pc's we can rule that out..

Did you try a different usb cable? different ports? did you check under device manager if one of the ports is showing an error sign? (since you tried different pc's this seems unlikely).. Did you try manually downloading the drivers for the phone (and installing them on the pc; just to be clear)?

Choji Choji

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi, if you're updating via insider program and you get the behavior u just described, this is what you need to-do, perform a backup, then do a hard reset, before downloading any app at all, download insider app, join the string of your choice, restart as required. Now check for update and patiently wait. It may stay at zero but it is downloading definitely. PLEASE DON'T USE MOBILE DATA TO CHECK UPDATE OR TRY TO DOWNLOAD. It will stuck again and have todo hard reset again...
How u monitor ur download, open files and notice the space on ur disc is reducing.
I hope this was helpful

ZillurRehman

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
i was on Slow Ring Insider program. Lumia 540 is not restarting again and again. and device not recognized on PC via USB :(
it is still restarting again and again and cant even load windows on my phone.

in your case your phone is working and unable to detect on PC. but in my case phone also not working.
tried different ports, different cables, different pcs :crying:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)