resuming after unlock BUG

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I have problem with my Lumia 550, all updates are installed.

After unlock screen phone stay on ...resuming... black screen for long time ( forever ). There is 2 solutions i found to get out of there

1. when ...resuming.. i pull down all setting - personalization - screen - show more tile on/off

2. leave some app opened ( calculator for example ) an lock the phone

Any other solution found ? Update bring the fix for bug ?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, does this happen with every app or certain ones? I noticed that the resuming thing happens more with wp 8/8.1 apps.

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi libra89,

it happen even on welcome screen ( after hard reset, on language menu ) if lock/unlock screen 10-15 times constantly in order for testing

Something like bug in system core. Or hardware issue ?

Thank you for participating.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That sounds like a possible bug. Since you already hard reset, there's something wrong for sure.

That aside, do you do a fresh install or do you restore from a backup? People on the forums have said that fresh usually works out better.

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Fresh install, and i send phone to authorized service to flash new firmware, and they declared " test ok " by report. I don't have any argument to change device for another or similar in my operator center Telenor, because this phone just work like " fine "- not work/unusable...

This is a very big disappointment for me. I get new phone but i can't use it like any other.

I don't have idea why people not report this bug on forum, it seems like only i have a problem :(

cristinic

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. When i unlock my phone i get a black screen with nothing on it or a black screen with the message "Resuming..." for 3-4 minutes
It seems to be a soft issue and i hope they'll make an update.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I also had this issue on my 550, however I updated to the latest windows insider build of W10M and the issue hasn't re-occurred since.

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
When you update your phone ? I was update my before 6-7 days and not solved. Windows Insider suggested me update ( fast version ), but all the same.

P.S. when i perform hard reset ( vol - / power, vol + , vol - power ) does that restore original firmware without updates or restore with update ?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hard reset can be done by going into settings->about and then tap "reset your phone". That would restore it back to the original.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
When you update your phone ? I was update my before 6-7 days and not solved. Windows Insider suggested me update ( fast version ), but all the same.

P.S. when i perform hard reset ( vol - / power, vol + , vol - power ) does that restore original firmware without updates or restore with update ?

Hard reset only resets the existing software to defaults, not downgrade or upgrade it. It'll also remove any use files.

Do you have an SD card? If yes try removing it and see if it helps with reducing the resuming screens.

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
My phone display resuming... after unlock without sim and micro sd card. I try after many times in agony, to lock/unlock the phone on " welcome " screen where ask for language. I just press power button 10-15 times and resuming... show itself.

Alex Jones7

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I just got the Lumia 550 2 days ago and I have been having the same problem. I have done the factory reset without a positive result. This is incredibly disappointing; I have been a loyal windows phone user for nearly 5 years (third of their phones). I would really like a straight answer about what is causing it and if I can expect a fix soon. :eck:

dragonhope

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
The question is what type of problem is this. SW or HW ? For many people phone just works fine.

If there some core Windows 10 mobile software BUG, why doesn't affecting all users ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss