Originally posted by DavidTheGiant
Ok i got myself a Lumia 550 and based on what I observed after 1 month of use my Lumia 535 performs better.. Yes i like my 550 because it has features my 535 doesn't have including brightness slider, Rich HDR , Panorama, Lumia motion data, much better ambient light sensor, and my most favorite glance screen.
But I have noticed these problems that are present only in my 550 that are not there on my 535 before:
- After unlocking the phone it will take me to a "Loading" screen before showing up the homescreen
- Camera issues like "Adding finishing touches" will take forever mostly when capturing using Rich HDR ( off course 535 doesn't have these feature so i think this is forgiven )
- Lots of "Resuming"
- Encountered lots of random reboots especially when using those ported iOS FB apps ( i had reboots on my 535 also while using these apps but not as worse as on my 550 )
- some games performs way better on my 535 than on my 550 ( Lara Croft Relic Run for example )
So i concluded that 535 performs better than my 550.. is it the problem of the OS? or the problem with the 550's hardware? is the Snapdragon 200 on the 535 way better than the Snapdragon 210 on the 550? The most annoying one is the first one which is unlocking the phone and taking me to the "Loading" screen first.. i have almost turned off my background apps except messaging, store, and edge but it still performs like that. What could be the problem?
I have used 535 before for a year and am using 550 currently for past 4 months. Since I've used both phones exhaustively I think I'm in a pretty good position to answer your question. Note that I have used 535 on Windows 10 non insider and 550 is anyway win10 , also non insider. For me It was a great upgrade. My 535 had tons of touch issue. None of It is in my 550. It has many upgrades as you mentioned already, notable for me are better screen quality, better battery, better camera, better touch, glance and overall better performance. Going to your problems one by one
1. The loading screen does sometime pop up after unlocking, but very rarely. There was more of It in my 535. It's mainly is issue as many 950 owners might tell u. But with several updates, the problem is almost non existent.
2. Those are problems with high end too., even 950. The new camera app has lots of new features along with lots of new bugs. Turn off living images and hdr to avoid "adding finishing touches" and "saving" screen.
3. Same as 1.
4. The fb app again is at fault here. Ask 950 owners. And no, it's not its ported, they have some other software of their own but what's important is that the app is huge in size, and huge in bugs. I prefer edge on my 550 and also you can try "slim social" from store. It's fast and light.
5. I've had a better experience for games on my 550. They do take time to load, but once loaded, I can play then easily without any interruptions. Lara croft was ok in both my 550 and 535. Asphalt extreme, 8, works beautifully even though they were on my sd card.
So there you have it, let me know of it helps... Happy new year!!!