Windows goes galactic

Revealed: Samsung's Surface Pro-like Galaxy Book, running Windows 10

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By DavidTheGiant
  • 2 Post By charlatan1978
  • 1 Post By charlatan1978
  • 1 Post By DavidTheGiant
  1. DavidTheGiant's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Ok i got myself a Lumia 550 and based on what I observed after 1 month of use my Lumia 535 performs better.. Yes i like my 550 because it has features my 535 doesn't have including brightness slider, Rich HDR , Panorama, Lumia motion data, much better ambient light sensor, and my most favorite glance screen.
    But I have noticed these problems that are present only in my 550 that are not there on my 535 before:
    - After unlocking the phone it will take me to a "Loading" screen before showing up the homescreen
    - Camera issues like "Adding finishing touches" will take forever mostly when capturing using Rich HDR ( off course 535 doesn't have these feature so i think this is forgiven )
    - Lots of "Resuming"
    - Encountered lots of random reboots especially when using those ported iOS FB apps ( i had reboots on my 535 also while using these apps but not as worse as on my 550 )
    - some games performs way better on my 535 than on my 550 ( Lara Croft Relic Run for example )

    So i concluded that 535 performs better than my 550.. is it the problem of the OS? or the problem with the 550's hardware? is the Snapdragon 200 on the 535 way better than the Snapdragon 210 on the 550? The most annoying one is the first one which is unlocking the phone and taking me to the "Loading" screen first.. i have almost turned off my background apps except messaging, store, and edge but it still performs like that. What could be the problem?
  2. charlatan1978's Avatar

    Posts
    1,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Hi, have you checked for firmware updates for the 550 using the Windows Device Recovery Tool?
    As far as I am aware the differences between the 200 and 210 are minimal, one being added support for 4G / LTE on the 210.
  3. DavidTheGiant's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Originally posted by charlatan1978
    Hi, have you checked for firmware updates for the 550 using the Windows Device Recovery Tool?
    As far as I am aware the differences between the 200 and 210 are minimal, one being added support for 4G / LTE on the 210.
    Yes I already updated my 550 to the latest firmware using WDRT and updated it two weeks ago. But the performance is still the same..
  4. charlatan1978's Avatar

    Posts
    1,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Next I would try a hard reset and not restore from backup.
    This would give you a clean slate from which to test the phone.
  5. DavidTheGiant's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Originally posted by charlatan1978
    Next I would try a hard reset and not restore from backup.
    This would give you a clean slate from which to test the phone.
    I never restored from backup.. after updating to the latest firmware my phone was in a clean slate because everything was wiped out after the WDRT update including my game progresses got wiped out haha
  6. libra89's Avatar

    Posts
    3,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,584 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Wait, are you comparing your 535 to 550 on Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile?
  7. charlatan1978's Avatar

    Posts
    1,671 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Are you using an SD card?
    libra89 likes this.
  8. DavidTheGiant's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #8  
    Originally posted by libra89
    Wait, are you comparing your 535 to 550 on Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile?
    I'm comparing both with Windows 10 mobile installed 👍
    libra89 likes this.
  9. libra89's Avatar

    Posts
    3,947 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,584 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTheGiant View Post
    I'm comparing both with Windows 10 mobile installed
    Ohh okay. In that case, really interesting observations.
  10. Asif Shadab Malick's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Originally posted by DavidTheGiant
    Ok i got myself a Lumia 550 and based on what I observed after 1 month of use my Lumia 535 performs better.. Yes i like my 550 because it has features my 535 doesn't have including brightness slider, Rich HDR , Panorama, Lumia motion data, much better ambient light sensor, and my most favorite glance screen.
    But I have noticed these problems that are present only in my 550 that are not there on my 535 before:
    - After unlocking the phone it will take me to a "Loading" screen before showing up the homescreen
    - Camera issues like "Adding finishing touches" will take forever mostly when capturing using Rich HDR ( off course 535 doesn't have these feature so i think this is forgiven )
    - Lots of "Resuming"
    - Encountered lots of random reboots especially when using those ported iOS FB apps ( i had reboots on my 535 also while using these apps but not as worse as on my 550 )
    - some games performs way better on my 535 than on my 550 ( Lara Croft Relic Run for example )

    So i concluded that 535 performs better than my 550.. is it the problem of the OS? or the problem with the 550's hardware? is the Snapdragon 200 on the 535 way better than the Snapdragon 210 on the 550? The most annoying one is the first one which is unlocking the phone and taking me to the "Loading" screen first.. i have almost turned off my background apps except messaging, store, and edge but it still performs like that. What could be the problem?


    Hi friend!!
    I have used 535 before for a year and am using 550 currently for past 4 months. Since I've used both phones exhaustively I think I'm in a pretty good position to answer your question. Note that I have used 535 on Windows 10 non insider and 550 is anyway win10 , also non insider. For me It was a great upgrade. My 535 had tons of touch issue. None of It is in my 550. It has many upgrades as you mentioned already, notable for me are better screen quality, better battery, better camera, better touch, glance and overall better performance. Going to your problems one by one
    1. The loading screen does sometime pop up after unlocking, but very rarely. There was more of It in my 535. It's mainly is issue as many 950 owners might tell u. But with several updates, the problem is almost non existent.
    2. Those are problems with high end too., even 950. The new camera app has lots of new features along with lots of new bugs. Turn off living images and hdr to avoid "adding finishing touches" and "saving" screen.
    3. Same as 1.
    4. The fb app again is at fault here. Ask 950 owners. And no, it's not its ported, they have some other software of their own but what's important is that the app is huge in size, and huge in bugs. I prefer edge on my 550 and also you can try "slim social" from store. It's fast and light.
    5. I've had a better experience for games on my 550. They do take time to load, but once loaded, I can play then easily without any interruptions. Lara croft was ok in both my 550 and 535. Asphalt extreme, 8, works beautifully even though they were on my sd card.
    So there you have it, let me know of it helps... Happy new year!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Lumia 640 not reading sd card
    By Chintan Gohel in forum Microsoft Lumia 640
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2016, 11:16 AM
  2. I want to extend my lumia 950 xl message notification time?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2016, 02:18 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2016, 04:37 AM
  4. Cancelled Lumia 750 renders leaked - thoughts?
    By libra89 in forum General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2016, 11:34 PM
  5. CRICKET LUMIA 640 wont allow sending a text to email address??
    By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2016, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

";